Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Driver Alert Warning Reset Suggested

garrickk

Hi,

I have a 2014 Fusion Energi Ti that I took possesion of 6 weeks ago; almost 2700 miles already.

Almost daily now on my 40 mile commute for the past 2 week, I'm getting a message screen that pops up on the left display.

** It shows a Driver Alert Warning Reset Suggested message and icon. Icon looks like a cup of coffee with steam sizing over it, and an option for "OK". If I hit the enter button on the left steering wheel controls, the message disappears, but I don't see any driver alerts change/deactivate.

Anyone else see this? Worth a trip to the dealer?

Garrick

post-652-0-33925500-1395724232_thumb.jpg

Edited by garrickk

Do you have a tendency to weave back and forth within your lane?  That's actually your lane assist detecting that you keep getting close to or crossing over your lane lines.  If you do it often enough, the system believes you're tired and will pop up warnings to tell you to rest.

Keep an eye on your lane assist icon.  If you see your lane lines turning yellow or red often, that's what eventually triggers the warning.

I think Jeff_h's wife has a similar issue in the sense that she wanders slightly within her lane.  Their solution was to turn lane assist off.

I think Jeff_h's wife has a similar issue in the sense that she wanders slightly within her lane.  Their solution was to turn lane assist off.

Yes sir, good memory -- in about 4 weeks it will be a year since we've had her car, that alert has gone off while I've been driving twice but gone off for her on an almost daily basis.

Our driving types are different, and when I am in the passenger seat and she is driving it's like one of those kiddie cars on a track (like the kids race cars at Disney World) where she drifts right and then corrects left and then drifts the other way and corrects it... so for her it's no wonder that thing goes off.  

Back in driver's ed (many years ago) I remember they taught "Mr Smith's 5 rules of driving" and one was "aim high in steering" which I think may be a factor for her, as that may help smooth out the drive path a bit, who knows.

She is watching the road too close to the car. 

Back when cars had hood ornaments the recommendation was to sight past the hood ornament to where the sight line intersects the right side of the road.  In other words keep the hood ornament tracking on the right edge of the road.  After a while I developed "muscle memory" to do that without consciously thinking about it.  The muscles still remember even though I no longer have a hood ornament.

She is watching the road too close to the car. 

Back when cars had hood ornaments the recommendation was to sight past the hood ornament to where the sight line intersects the right side of the road.  In other words keep the hood ornament tracking on the right edge of the road.  After a while I developed "muscle memory" to do that without consciously thinking about it.  The muscles still remember even though I no longer have a hood ornament.

I agree, which is why I thought back to the 'aim high in steering' thing from way back when -- but I think she is as interested in me giving her driving lessons as I am of her giving me interior decorating lessons.