Ford Fusion Energi Forum

400 Mile Seat - Ti or SE?

Gigi

I am looking at a FFH Titanium or FFH SE for a company car for 35,000+ miles a year.  Which seat would you rather be sitting in for as far as 400 miles at a stretch, the soft ceramic leather in the Titanium or the dune leather in the SE?

I just got back from a 1,200 mile trip broken into four segments in my FFEnergi SE and I was pretty comfortable, but the seat was starting to feel thin.  The Titanium seat feels firmer, but does it stay that way?  I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the more expensive Titanium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've had my 2013 Ti for about 8000 miles now.  I really wish I had gone with the SE.  I'm pushing 225 pounds and the sport seats are too narrow at the bolsters so my lower back gets sore.  I've been thinking about taking them to an upholstery shop to get them modified to be a bit wider and a bit softer.  Honestly, who needs "sport seats" in a car that rides/handles more like a towncar than a mustang.