Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Reverse Sensing System - AudioWarning Volume

thomastl

We have a 2014 Fusion Energi Titanium with backup camera and reverse sensing system.

The volume of the warning beeps is very low to the point that you almost don't hear them if your not actually listening for them.

I have searched around and cannot find any info about the possibility of increasing the warning volume.

Anyone else notice how low the volume is or any idea on how to adjust the volume.

Thanks,

Went to dealership this weekend.  Me and service manager checked another 2014 Energi and 2014 Gas Burner.  Both have the exact same volume level and both are coming from the rear speakers only.  No adjustment to volume level.

Service manager was surprised as well

Edited by thomastl

I have a 2013 and as I pulled out of my garage today I tested my parking sensors. The front and rear alerts seem to be coming from my front speakers. I can definitely hear them coming from my left front speaker.

I have Active Park Assist so I don't know if that makes a difference. To me the alerts are quite loud.

Sounds kind of odd. But, if you have a camera, is it that important? Also, if you have the radio on, the backup sensor interrupts it. Thereby, grabbing your attention.

We have a 2014 Fusion Energi Titanium with backup camera and reverse sensing system.

The volume of the warning beeps is very low to the point that you almost don't hear them if your not actually listening for them.

I have searched around and cannot find any info about the possibility of increasing the warning volume.

Anyone else notice how low the volume is or any idea on how to adjust the volume.

Thanks,

I reverse into my garage, so the rear sensors go off first.  I haven't paid attention to the left screen of my dash, but I swear the alerts (beeps) come from either the left or the right speaker depending on what side the obstacle is on (I could be totally wrong but the alert is loud, to me) and it is coming from the rear speakers in the doors.  When I am very close to the obstacle the beeps stop and a solid alert goes off.  Again, to me this solid alarm is loud and seems to be coming from the speaker on the rear shelf.

The front alerts (beeps) are definitely coming from the speakers in the front doors and are quite loud.  The dash says Front Left or Front Right but I can't tell if the beeps come from respective speakers depending if the obstacle is on the left or the right.  The beeps could be coming from both.  All I know is that there are a lot of beeps that sound like it is coming from left and right, front and rear, and the beeps are loud.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have a 2014 energi titanium fusion.  I called ford headquarters because my dealership could not help me with the very low backup sensors.  Ford told me that the titanium is the top of the line fusion therefor it is insulated differently from other fusions so the car has far less cabin noise than other fusions.  They state this is why we can not hear the backup sensors.    Sounds crazy but I have no other choice than to believe it.  

• 9 years later...