Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Ford Motor Company Lowers Fuel Economy Ratings For Six Vehicles

FordSuperNewsTicker

This is ridiculous.  New FFE ratings of 38 combined for hybrid mode and only 19 estimated electric miles?  We've been getting right at 43-45 MPG in hybrid mode and almost 30 and sometimes 30+ electric only miles after only 3 weeks of ownership.  It seems like the old ratings were already very conservative for the Energi.  I understand the Hybrid re-ratings as 47 mpg combined for the FFH were a little high.

Edited by EnergiCCAATS

Actually my wife completed a trip to Atlanta and back over the weekend with 3 adults in car, trunk full of luggage and a/c on and averaged 53 MPG in charge sustaining mode on the way home (battery was already depleted when she left to head back).  I understand the derate on the hybrids, but to make the Energi LOWER than the re-rated hybrids makes no sense.

Edited by EnergiCCAATS

They found a mistake in their calculations, which meant they didn't conform to EPA standards.  This wasn't a Ford decision, it was a regulatory requirement (and the ethical move to make).  So much can vary from one commute to another.

I felt the old ratings were good (but probably not "conservative"), and I could usually get close to them on a regular basis.  Would this have changed my purchase decision?  It's hard to say, because now it doesn't look as attractive on paper, but I'm still happy with the real world performance and have no regrets.  The $850 check won't hurt things either. :)

I can absolutely say that I would not have purchased the plug in hybrid  I may have went with the hybrid, or possibly a different car altogether.  This is extremely disappointing.

Exactly my point, this derate will really hurt the credibility of the Energi models in the eyes of the buying public.  And yet, it seems that about 95% of the owners here have consistently achieved HIGHER than the already previously stated ratings.