Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Anyone else ordered a 2015?

wazer

FIVE weeks ago (6/27) I placed an order for a fully loaded Ford Fusion Energi Titanium hybrid. It is still not even been put on the line. It was scheduled to be put on the line July 22, so they say, but they won't tell me when it will be started orwhen it will be delivered. It still isn't showing up at all on the ford order tracking site. The dealer promised me 6-8 weeks from the time I placed the order. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?

My car took 12 weeks in 2013.  Do you have the VIN?  It is my understanding that at the beginning of a model year they build test cars first to verify the build process.  Then they build cars for dealer inventory next.  They have to have to have a successful run of car builds for dealers with no problems detected before they authorize the build of retail (custom order) cars.

My 2013 took 4 months from order to delivery, almost to the day.  Ordered Jan 28, arrived May 23rd.  I know there are 2 Ford plants building Fusions now, so wait times should decrease a little.

Things seem to happen all at once with orders.  I waited months just to get a VIN, and then got a schedule date, and then it was delivered.  My salesperson never gave me a timeline.  I just hung out here and kept tabs on when people ordered vs when the cars were delivered.  That, at the time, seemed 3 to 5 months.

Good things come to those who wait.  :)  But there are quite a few people here who also bailed on their order to get one on the lot since they couldn't wait or didn't want to wait.  I had a car built just for me and was willing to wait for it.

I ordered the Titanium trim package.

But I'm keeping the Prius for when I need to haul things. I was just looking for a quieter car. Really, no complaints with my Prius.

I really did LOL when I read this.  I find it hilarious that you are keeping a Prius to haul things, but I imagine you have some long drives up there!

Awesome! I like your interior & exterior color choices. Can't wait to see it!

Edit: What is "ceramic black interior?" Did you get the medium soft ceramic or the charcoal black?

Edited by wazer

Awesome! I like your interior & exterior color choices. Can't wait to see it!

Edit: What is "ceramic black interior?" Did you get the medium soft ceramic or the charcoal black?

Good catch, fixed the other post. I like the look of the medium soft ceramic more but since I do a lot of hiking and outdoor stuff I just thought it might be too light and went with the black.

FIVE weeks ago (6/27) I placed an order for a fully loaded Ford Fusion Energi Titanium hybrid. It is still not even been put on the line. It was scheduled to be put on the line July 22, so they say, but they won't tell me when it will be started orwhen it will be delivered. It still isn't showing up at all on the ford order tracking site. The dealer promised me 6-8 weeks from the time I placed the order. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?

Now after 7 weeks I finally have a vin and TWO tentative delivery dates 9/15 and 9/21. Apparently they have two different dates from two different computer systems. I am fast losing patience with the Ford Reps. The order tracking site at ford.com still can't find my car by either the order # or the vin. I was promised at the time I ordered that I would be driving my car off the lot by now.

Wondering if there is anyone else out there on the forums that has ordered a 2015 Fusion Energi or plans to purchase once they land on dealer lots?

My dealer has given me an estimated week of delivery, August 18th. I'm sure there will be others elsewhere that will be delivered sooner, though.

Have you received your car yet? Have they kept you up to date on their own, without prodding from you, along the way from order to delivery? What did you get. Be sure to check out the Facebook Fusion Energi group.

Have you received your car yet? Have they kept you up to date on their own, without prodding from you, along the way from order to delivery? What did you get. Be sure to check out the Facebook Fusion Energi group.

I have not taken delivery yet. My dealer emailed me (on 7/23 without prodding) when the VIN became available and gave me the estimated week of delivery at that time (8/18). Since then, The estimated delivery date has been pushed back to 8/29.

It takes a lot of patience throughout this process! What's really helped me wait was the fact that I wanted my next car to have exactly everything I wanted, and I couldn't find any on dealer lots with my colors and options within the surrounding states. So I placed an order, knowing that I will be able to get exactly what I've always wanted, and that makes it worth the long wait. Plus, I love the new wheels on the Titanium, something I would have never gotten on the 2014 models.

Now after 7 weeks I finally have a vin and TWO tentative delivery dates 9/15 and 9/21. Apparently they have two different dates from two different computer systems. I am fast losing patience with the Ford Reps. The order tracking site at ford.com still can't find my car by either the order # or the vin. I was promised at the time I ordered that I would be driving my car off the lot by now.

Since you have your VIN go to this web site and enter it.

http://www.researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

That will display your window sticker if it is available.  The car will be built (finished) 7 days after the window sticker is issued.

I went to my local dealer with the intent on ordering exactly what I wanted but they were able to locate a Dealer Ordered one already in stock at a Dealer in PA.  I should be taking delivery sometime the middle of next week.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

It is a Titanium Model

1) White Platinum Metallic

2) Moon Roof

3) Heated & Cooled Front Seats

4) Heated Steering Wheel

5) Navigation System

6) Driver Assist Package

Window Sticker

Edited by NaplesGeezer

I'm in Michigan and ordered a 2015 energi titanium on 7/28/14 and was told 10-12 weeks. I went with the “Magnetic” paint color, “Charcoal Black” interior, Heated steering wheel, Heated and cooled front seats, and navigation system. My heart wanted to get all the options but my brain kept stopping me. ;) 

UPDATE: on October 6, 2014 my salesperson told me it'd be 4-5 weeks, which translates to 14-15 weeks! I got no reason or rationale. I was/am upset and said if it gets delayed again I may cancel my order. I got the VIN and it's got 4514 which I believe means the 45th week of 2014, which is the first week in November. I feel like somebody dropped the ball with my order.

Edited by Karlerm1

Since you have your VIN go to this web site and enter it.

http://www.researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

That will display your window sticker if it is available.  The car will be built (finished) 7 days after the window sticker is issued.

Thanks. I was able to pull the Sticker. Any way to know how long it's been available? I call my dealer rep every week after the tuesday updates to get the latest. This week they said the car had been "Bucked". He wouldn't/couldn't tell me what that meant. Anyone know? He said that my delivery date had again been moved back to 9/29. According to what they promised me at the time I ordered I should have driven it off the lot today.

At the very bottom of the sticker in the margin is the date you accessed the sticker.  Above that is a row of characters.  At the right end of the characters is the date the sticker was created.  Add 7 days to that date to get the build date assuming there are no mexican holidays during that time.  Delivery from the factory, in Hermosillo, Mexico, is by rail.  It took two weeks for my car to travel by rail to the east coast.  How long it takes to Montana depends on how often freight trains make that trip.

"Bucked" means the frame the car rests on while moving down the assembly line has been put in place at the beginning of the assembly line.  If he wouldn't tell you it means that he doesn't know.  Bucked would appear on the daily report that the dealer receives.

Throughout my experience with this car I have always known far more about the car than the salesman knew.  All most of them know is how to say "isn't it pretty?".  It seems the main requirement for a sales person is the ability to talk smoothly about a subject whether or not they know anything about the subject.

At the very bottom of the sticker in the margin is the date you accessed the sticker.  Above that is a row of characters.  At the right end of the characters is the date the sticker was created.  Add 7 days to that date to get the build date assuming there are no mexican holidays during that time.  Delivery from the factory, in Hermosillo, Mexico, is by rail.  It took two weeks for my car to travel by rail to the east coast.  How long it takes to Montana depends on how often freight trains make that trip.

"Bucked" means the frame the car rests on while moving down the assembly line has been put in place at the beginning of the assembly line.  If he wouldn't tell you it means that he doesn't know.  Bucked would appear on the daily report that the dealer receives.

Thanks. My sticker says 9/15 so the car has been completed already? When I called last thursday, the manager told me that my car would be delivered by the end of September. Does it really take a month for delivery? www.cotusb.ford.com still doesn't have any tracking info. BTW I did a search for my VIN online and pulled up my vehicle in my dealer's inventory page! It didn't say sold, and anyone could make an offer on my car. What's up with that? 

The first salesman didn't know much at all about the cars he sells and argued with me against special ordering a car. I take it they don't get credit on special orders for commissions or quota's.