Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Performance & Efficiency Improvements

Joatnm

What Mods have you tried to get improvements in Efficiency and/or Performance? Feel free to post your mods and results here. Make sure to include links to any products you used.

This caught my eye and got me thinking that the carbon brakes could be applied to the Fusion for weight, braking distance, and fuel savings. Anybody else try carbon rotors on their Energi? They saved almost 80 lbs in rotational weight over the stock Tesla.

http://www.cnet.com/videos/link/M8bunBpeWnME5d7o2uSEBkbSBdyHWSkz/

I wasn't aware of these, and weight savings sounds like a great idea.  Until I saw how expensive they are.  Wildwood makes a carbon rotor but only for the Mustang.  For front, rear, and the mounts, you're going to eat $4,688.  Too rich for my blood.

On tirerack, they don't have anything for the Fusion Energi for brakes.  Just brake fluid.  Not even pads.  I believe the Fusion Energi has a slightly different brake system from the traditional gas Fusion (bigger rotors... I remember people trying to fit a donut spare and they won't fit due to the brakes), so I don't know how many specialty parts will appear for a vehicle such as ours.