Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Tires should be rotated/balanced as usual, right? Oil change at 20k.

howardbc

My 2013 FFE has over 9k miles on it. I haven't gotten any kind of notice about it, but I was thinking that I probably should get my tires rotated and/or balanced as with a regular car. 

I know when I go into the dealer, they're going to try to talk me into an oil change too. We've been through this before. The service adviser seemed unaware that the FFE doesn't need an oil change for 20k miles. I don't do dirt-tracking or climb Pikes Peak.

I've gotten emails that I have some kind of "Rewards" points worth around $63, so I thought I'd take it in. I'm assuming the Ford dealer closest to me will honor the Rewards points regardless of where I bought the car. 

I've gotten emails that I have some kind of "Rewards" points worth around $63, so I thought I'd take it in. I'm assuming the Ford dealer closest to me will honor the Rewards points regardless of where I bought the car. 

That may not be true.  All of the dealers around here dropped out of the Owner Advantage Rewards program.  When it was still in existence points earned at one dealer could only be used at that dealer.  My first dealer warned me that they were dropping out of the program and I was able to use the points.  My second dealer (the first one failed to get electric certified) did not warn me and I lost the points.

I would just rotate the tires at 10k and then change the oil and rotate the tires again at 20k,  That's what I did with my Cmax.  Plan to continue to rotate tires every 10k and change oil every 20k.

I'm fortunate I can do it myself (rotating tires) so its not a big deal.  I had the dealer do the 20k oil change and tire rotation as the first service was free.  I will probably change the oil myself as well at 40k.

-=>Raja.

You can run a Vehicle Health Report at anytime and it will tell you how much life you have left in your oil (if you take more trips on gas then you will need to change your oil faster than if you run only on electric). Running the health report will also let you know about any other issues the car may be having, fluid levels, and recalls.

That may not be true.  All of the dealers around here dropped out of the Owner Advantage Rewards program.  When it was still in existence points earned at one dealer could only be used at that dealer.  My first dealer warned me that they were dropping out of the program and I was able to use the points.  My second dealer (the first one failed to get electric certified) did not warn me and I lost the points.

I checked with the Ford dealer close to me and was very pleased to learn that they WILL accept the Ford Ownership Advantage Rewards that were sent to me by the dealer I bought from - which is 80 miles (r/t) away. This closer dealer is also electric certified. 

So everyone, it wouldn't hurt to just check with the dealer you prefer to have your service done at.