Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2015 Energi Tint Photos

I picked up my 2015 Fusion Wednesday. So far I've tinted the windows. All but the windshield are 5% and the windshield is 35%. I plan on removing the emblems on the doors once the wether gets better and will likely install lowering springs.

image_zpscu14kfdf.jpg

image_zpsvfat3z6c.jpg

My previous car pictured above (better photo below) was a 2014 Titanium with a 2.0L EB, same % tint as the current car, Eibach Springs, plastidipped grille, and Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune.

image_zps3447c4fe.jpg

I've done it on every car for the last 10 years. My eyes are pretty light sensitive and it makes it easier on the eyes especially at night. It cuts down on headlight glare a ton and really isn't bad to see out at all. I'll have to get a photo from the inside during the day and at night to demonstrate.

So did you have to get a prescription to do it?  I know it's not legal here in TX. 

I'd be curious to see the pictures.  I'm pretty light senstive too but I don't think I would do this.  I just keep some barely tinted sunglasses in the car for when night driving is too much (also it makes visibility in major rain storms better too, which I imagine the tint does).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks great! Got my 2013 FFET used and already had tint. Happy I didn't have to pay for it but it is a bit of a brown shade, wish it was black like yours. It is tough to tell but I know and I might get fed up and replace it down the line. Don't think I would dare try to remove the rear windshield which has a few bubbles in it. Bonus, they did s sunstrip on the windshield though.

You car looks great, like the new style ford rims too.

Looks great! Got my 2013 FFET used and already had tint. Happy I didn't have to pay for it but it is a bit of a brown shade, wish it was black like yours. It is tough to tell but I know and I might get fed up and replace it down the line. Don't think I would dare try to remove the rear windshield which has a few bubbles in it. Bonus, they did s sunstrip on the windshield though.

You car looks great, like the new style ford rims too.

Thanks!

Id never attempt to strip the rear myself. I know someone who pulled the defeost lines off by trying to do it themselves. I thought about a 5% sun strip even with the rest of the windshield 35%, but skipped the strip.

Thanks, I like the wheels too... Just wish they were slightly larger, but I guess that would make it less efficient.