Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Any others bummed the Titanium Energi...

Platinum15Ti

Sorta bummed, but would have rather they "hid" the exhaust outlet altogether since this is a vehicle you can drive in electric only mode alot.  I'm more bummed that Ford didn't do anything more than badging to differentiate the "Energi" model from regular Fusions.  I am driving Ford's most technologically advanced, electric-hybrid model in LOADED Titanium trim and should have at least gotten LED DRLs and HID or LED headlights.

Yes, LEDs or HIDs would have been nice. It's an option on a Focus ST, so I think if not standard on our cars we should at least have it as an option.

LEDs & HIDs are also standard on the Focus Electric.

Sorta bummed, but would have rather they "hid" the exhaust outlet altogether since this is a vehicle you can drive in electric only mode alot.  I'm more bummed that Ford didn't do anything more than badging to differentiate the "Energi" model from regular Fusions.  I am driving Ford's most technologically advanced, electric-hybrid model in LOADED Titanium trim and should have at least gotten LED DRLs and HID or LED headlights.

I agree. It would have been nice to have a completely hidden exhaust pipe. But additional parts cost money and Ford is trying to produce cars that will be profitable and reasonably priced for consumers. It would be nice to have HIDs, until you have to replace bulbs and/or ballasts.

It seems like all of the vehicles the that share a platform with Lincoln don't have them as an option, but are optional on the others... Mustang, Focus, F150, etc. I may be wrong, but I think all Lincolns have them... So maybe we have a top of the line Fusion, but the high end car in the same platform is the MKZ.

Yes, LEDs or HIDs would have been nice. It's an option on a Focus ST, so I think if not standard on our cars we should at least have it as an option. Personally, I don't like the door badging and will be removing it as soon as the weather gets nicer.

This looks interesting. Just wondering if they would cause issues (like fast blinkers, etc). Also mentions of pain to install.  :cry:

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Fusion-16-LED-Daytime-Running/dp/B00LLKHMV8/ref=pd_ybh_10

51Tu4LKD29L.jpg

This looks interesting. Just wondering if they would cause issues (like fast blinkers, etc). Also mentions of pain to install.  :cry:

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Fusion-16-LED-Daytime-Running/dp/B00LLKHMV8/ref=pd_ybh_10

51Tu4LKD29L.jpg

no issues at all these are used as DRL all you need to do is tap into fuse #23 on fuse box + and - and good to go 

It is possible and will be doing it with my car once I get it and the 3D Carbon body kit. They have the exhaust conversion kit and requires you to purchase their lower valance that has the dual exhaust in it or you can use it with the EcoBoost lower valance. Their kit includes the pipes and exhaust tip inserts for about $439. It's not super cheap but an option at least. Might even be able to source a stock one from a junk yard and have an exhaust shop bend something up. Might be a touch cheaper especially if you find one in good shape that is same color so you don't have to paint it.

It seems like all of the vehicles the that share a platform with Lincoln don't have them as an option, but are optional on the others... Mustang, Focus, F150, etc. I may be wrong, but I think all Lincolns have them... So maybe we have a top of the line Fusion, but the high end car in the same platform is the MKZ.

Great observation!

• 4 weeks later...

The funny thing is my wife's 2014 Focus EV came standard with HID low beams (high beams are halogen).  Why oh why did I have to go through a lot of work to outfit my fusion with HIDs...

4P1A1680

It depends when you ordered your car.  The heated steering wheel and heated/cooled seats were late availability items for 2014.  I don't remember from what month in 2014 they was offered, but I wish they were available from the day the Energi was available for sale.  I would have liked to have those options.