Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Problems with reprogramming of Ford Energi computer (update)

pjr6036

A week ago I brought my Energi in for the customer satisfaction update. This was at Apple Ford in Columbia , MD. They reprogrammed the car computer and immediately the instantaneous MGP readout started to read a 999.9 MPG in the electric mode. I brought the car back to get this problem corrected and they stated this was normal operation for the Energi. I told them before I brought the car in the gauge would give me a variable mpg readout. They told me that the way it is operating now is normal and that they would not or could not correct the problem. Also the MPG readout has decreased after this reprogramming ( 50F 35- 50 mile per hour no accessories on 27 miles) from 49 mpg to 36 mpg. Is this normal or am I being given the runaround?

A week ago I brought my Energi in for the customer satisfaction update. This was at Apple Ford in Columbia , MD. They reprogrammed the car computer and immediately the instantaneous MGP readout started to read a 999.9 MPG in the electric mode. I brought the car back to get this problem corrected and they stated this was normal operation for the Energi. I told them before I brought the car in the gauge would give me a variable mpg readout. They told me that the way it is operating now is normal and that they would not or could not correct the problem. Also the MPG readout has decreased after this reprogramming ( 50F 35- 50 mile per hour no accessories on 27 miles) from 49 mpg to 36 mpg. Is this normal or am I being given the runaround?

Reprogramming the PCM also reset your Lifetime Brake Score and Lifetime Regen Miles. The update also erases the stored parameters for vehicle operation which means that the computer must relearn all the stored tables.