Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Problems with Intelligent door locks

klpeake

Purchased car last March.  Have had the car into the dealer 6 times for these problems,.  They say that the car is throwing a fault code (which is directly related to these systems) but because they cannot get the problem to repeat when it is in their posession, they cannot do anything about it.    I have taken videos, but they won't accept that.  I told them to keep the car for a week and have the service mgr drive it to and from work every day. They said they would, but only had him drive it one day and then returned it to me because he could find nothing wrong.  Ford Motor Company assigned a person to my "case" and then my dealership was sold a month later and she never contacted me again and doesn't respond to my voicemails.  

I have a failure in one of these two systems about every 3-4 days (also having problems with collision avoidance system).   I keep a log in my phone and try to note each failure when it happens but know that I'm not catching everything.  My kids, my friends, my husband all have seen these problems.  

PROBLEM:

Touch the sensor inside inside the door handle and the door will not unlock (with keys right next to the door)   Touch the sensor lines on top of the door handle and door will not lock.  

67 failures noted of these two items. 

I have tried it with both key FOBs because I thought that the batteries were dead, but same thing with both.

I would like to know if anyone else is having any problems with these?  Maybe you are, but just haven't really paid attention to it or you just don't realize how often it is happening? 

Have you tried replacing the batteries?  I had the same issue intermittently for months.  Eventually replaced the batteries in the key fob and have not had an issue since.  Both fobs probably had batteries placed in them at the same time.  So switching to the other fob wont accomplish much.  Mine were ~6 months from the build date when I replaced the batteries.

I have also changed my batteries. I wonder if Ford bought a bad batch of batteries. 

Take your time pulling the fob apart, it was not exactly easy to replace the batteries. Noticed an improvement right away on the responsiveness of the doors. (I was also having an issue where the car would complain there was no key even though it was in the car). I replaced them after about a year.

My favorite problem is when the passenger touches the handle on their side. The car interprets this as someone not having a FOB, and while they have their hand there, my side won't unlock. I think it is a quirk of the way the system is implemented.

I sometimes have to tell the passenger to let go of the door handle. Then it works.

Hmmm.  My car was two years old on April 15.  Both fobs have the original batteries.  No problems so far.  I very seldom use the buttons on the fob so the only time it transmits is when it receives a request from the car.

Our situation is the same.

My favorite problem is when the passenger touches the handle on their side. The car interprets this as someone not having a FOB, and while they have their hand there, my side won't unlock. I think it is a quirk of the way the system is implemented.

I sometimes have to tell the passenger to let go of the door handle. Then it works.

I think this is designed to prevent unauthorized access.