Ford Fusion Energi Forum

What tires did you get?

tsarty17

I just turned 20k miles on the car and also got the 10k ev award so I'm 50/50. Everyone will say something different. I'm a oil guy. I change oil in my diesel every 3k which holds 16qrts. Fresh oil will help your motor....sure you can change it later but it's not going to help the motor. Also I don't see a change in my mileage. I drive rough terrain so maybe a mpg or something but not noticable.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Almost at 50,000 miles and too near the wear lines so I decided to go ahead and put a new pair of tires on the car. I probably could have gotten another thousand or so miles out the Energy Saver A/S but I can really tell that the car does not track as well as it once did and it is also a bit more noisy than it was. I went back and forth on whether to "upgrade" the tire to the Premier A/S for better wet performance as it can get pretty wet in the South especially on my trips to Florida but I just kept coming back to the Energy Saver being a really solid tire, the best tire I can remember purchasing with a car. Most other cars I have replaced the tire sooner due to performance or noise... but these tires have been very nice.

So I am the happy owner of 4 new Energy Saver A/S tires and the car is back to driving how I remember it driving. What a difference new tires make! :)   

I had a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and wore tires out every 30000. 

I had a 2009 VW Jetta and wore tires out every 16000

I'm waiting to see how this 2017 Enregi does, got 3000 on it now.

My previous car was an Acura TL, the car before that was a BMW 5 series... both of those cars munched on tires (my driving probably had a little to do with it :)  ).

I try to keep the tires rotated every 5-8 thousand miles... that seems to keep the wear down.