Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Life Time Average after road trip

Timewellspent

Of course.  Road trips factor in trips of 40's mpg numbers into your average.  If you drive at 75mph its more like 30's mpg numbers actually.   I take alot of trips and my lifetime average is 66.6mpg now after 34k miles and almost 2 years.  Still better than any other car I owned though!

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort

If you drive EV only, technically you can get it to go as high as 999.9mpg.  The higher the number you have means the less trips you are taking with the car and just limiting the useful range of the car to the EV range so to speak.  I try to use EV only whenever possible but when it comes time to go somewhere I do it with this car as it would do alot better than my Ford Ranger.  I'm finding that around the 60's mpg is a realistic average for this car being used to local EV trips as well as several out of state trips per year.   I'm at 34277 miles now, 19k and some change is EV miles so about 55% is EV and 45% ICE which also makes up some of the 55% EV miles.

-=>Raja.

I knew it would take a hit at one point, but it was fun seeing the 125MPG as I never thought I would get such great millage. I'm happy to still be over 100mpg.

Unless your electricity is free or close to it, or you don't care about the cost and have your electricity supplied by a green grid, your millage really isn't that high anyway.

Unless your electricity is free or close to it, or you don't care about the cost and have your electricity supplied by a green grid, your millage really isn't that high anyway.

More like I don't care.  Just fun to see a high number vs. my old GMC Yukon getting 18 MPG :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me.  I just bought a 2013 FFE a couple of weeks ago.  It only had about 9695 miles.  I noticed that Trip 2 looked like it had never been reset since it was new, so I could tell that it had only ever had 2 tanks of gas.

Trip 2

79:14:45

9695.5 mi   185.1EV

347.3 MPG

27.91 gal   383kWh

(interesting that trip 2 shows 9695.5 mi and the odometer shows 9695.3 mi)

Anyway, drove it from Dallas to North Colorado and back.  Now the lifetime mpg is under 150mpg.