Ford Fusion Energi Forum

EV Mode Limited to Auto?

pederhorner

16 of 20 miles of range is 80%. If the range estimate was 20 miles at 100% with no climate, at 80% it'll be 16 miles.

12.8 of 16 miles of range is 80%. If the climate is on and the range estimate was 16 miles at 100%, at 80% it'll be 12.8 miles.

I said "range remaining %." I did not say km or miles or simply remaining range. I did not say anything about what the user might conclude from this % other than it could be used to tell if there was any range or if they were already in hybrid.

Ev range can be expressed in many ways. Km, miles, %, kw, discharge time, charge time.

Ah, I see what you meant. I was referring to the hard number of miles, which is found on pre-2016 models. I figured we were speaking of somewhat different terms.

Personally I don't associate that percentage with any sort of range. About the only time I use it is when I'm curious as to how much juice is in the HVB.

In my 2015 C-Max Energi, the screen that shows the guestimated EV range in distance is called the Energy Use screen on the screen to the Left of the speedometer.  The car defaults to this screen whenever the car is re-started in EV Now mode.  I suspect the newest Fusion Energis are the same.  

It shows Climate control use, EV range guestimate  and the "cup of energy" (if you are in EV Now mode).  The cup of energy is very useful to help you understand if your driving and conditions are ideal enough for you to actually acheive the guestimated range.  It's not so critical in a PHEV, but when driving my Focus Electric, I came to really appreciate the cup of energy display.

Ah. Mine switches to that screen when I tap the button to switch to EV Now, but not when I start back up in it.

All I get on that screen is the climate control and the "cup". No range in either miles or percent, and a lot of empty space - So I don't use it and it annoys me that it keeps switching to that when I have to switch to EV Now!

Ah. Mine switches to that screen when I tap the button to switch to EV Now, but not when I start back up in it.

All I get on that screen is the climate control and the "cup". No range in either miles or percent, and a lot of empty space - So I don't use it and it annoys me that it keeps switching to that when I have to switch to EV Now!

2014 C-Max here. Mine will stay on whatever is selected on the left display, unless I switch back to EV Now from one of the other two modes - same behavior as you are describing.  Sounds like there are a few small programming difference betweent he C-Max Energi and the FFI.