Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Go Times not working dealer stumped

meyersnole

Just back from the dealer... this is a function that I have not tried before, but did about 3 weeks ago and the car just ignores my request.

The car is plugged into a 240v charger in the garage... it is about ~50 degrees in the garage.

I have set the go times from both the web and directly from the car. I checked on the car 30, 15, 10 minutes before my go time as well as the time it is suppose to be ready... nothing. 

At first the dealer told me it worked... I stuck around while my car charged (another frustration... I asked them to put it on the charger right away... they said they would...) and after waiting around 2 hours for the car to charge and miss the go time admitted he really didn't know much about the system, they are going to try and call the Ford hotline.

I looked through the TSB section, but I do not see this topic but maybe I missed it? Early 2013 model.

Any help appreciated.

On another note... I also had the MFT system update put on there while I was there and the website no longer communicates with the car. I asked them to do a hard reset (remove the neg on the battery), any other possibilities?  Really wish Ford service knew more about their vehicles. 

My 2013 did the same thing and TSB 13-5-28 for reprogramming of the FCIM is what fixed it.  

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1248-collection-of-tsbs-related-to-energi/?p=9574

A follow forum member sent me a copy of his Repair Order (RO) and I took this with me to my service rep as his RO noted that the actions were carried out per the Ford hotline call.

TSB_13_5_28_Craig_zps1d597f44.jpg

So then they did the same on my car and it worked, RO is below.  You may want to print these out and take to your service rep.

TSB_13_5_28_RO_zps29cb9375.jpg

Yes, mine would come on as scheduled and draw power, but the HVAC would never come on.  I think the other owner from PA had the issue similar to yours where it didn't do anything.

In any case it's not a lengthy or risky action for the dealer to take on your car since it's only a software update.  Looks like the first RO above shows total of 0.6 hours and mine only 0.3 hours.

Edited by jeff_h

I've run in to funky issues with mine since updating all of the modules.  My Go Times worked out of the gate - I didn't need that TSB.  However, back in May after I had my first service done to the car and had the modules updated, my Go Times quit working, even though I noticed other FCIM bugs were resolved (such as while running the system in Auto, if the AC compressor was running, it would illuminate that button).

So at the moment, my ride is actually at the dealership as they fart around with it.  Here's what happened with mine and my observations:

Original software, cold ambient temperatures (this is usually the only circumstance for me using it):

Go Time would start with the fan on high until it reached the set temperature (only 72 seemed to work), then it would dial back the fan and maintain temperature until it was time to go.

Remote Start would start with the fan on high until it reached the set temperature, then it would dial back the fan and maintain temperature until it was time to go.

Run mode climate would start with the fan on high until it reached the set temperature, then it would dial back the fan and maintain temperature.

AC indicator would not light in auto mode regardless if the compressor was running or not.

Latest Calibration, cold ambient temperatures:

Go Time would draw energy, produce little or no heat, fan would be stuck on low.  Car would never reach set temperature.

Remote Start runs the fan on high the entire time remote start is active, regardless if it reached the set temperature.

Run mode climate would start with the fan on high until it reached the set temperature, then it would dial back the fan and maintain temperature.

AC indicator will light in auto mode if the compressor is running.

They applied the SSM about a month or two ago to make Go Times work again, buuuuut:

Go Time draws energy, temperature coming from the vents is warm, but the fan remains stuck on low for the entire duration.  It rarely reaches the set temperature.

Remote Start runs the fan on high the entire time remote start is active, regardless if it reached the set temperature.

AC indicator would not light in auto mode regardless if the compressor was running or not.

So, I asked if they could reload the FCIM calibration that my car originally came with.  I don't know if they tried that yet or not.  They've had it since Monday.

Wow Russael... that sounds rough!  I was told that TSB14-0096 superseded TSB 13-5-28, so they applied the later one. Go times verified working tonight.  I have not had it back long enough to see if there are any ill effects from this update but I will poke around a bit.

Mine was an early production model so it probably had some different software than you did. 

It took them 2 tries to update the SYNC system but that seems up to date now and the communication issue that I had with MyFord Mobile seems to have cleared up.

Now I just have to put my custom logo back, reprogram all my fav destinations, & call lists. Wish I would have been smart and wrote some of that stuff down. 

Edited by meyersnole

• 1 month later...

My Go Times are working... sort of.  Still stuck on the low fan speed, but at least the car is mostly warm (and warms up much faster when on the road).

New problem surfaced...  I had remote started my car maybe a month ago while I was out and about, and when I hopped in the car, I had no HVAC.  Nothing.  No fan, no heat.  Checked the climate power usage display and that was at 0.  Turned it off, turned it on... nothing.  I wound up having to pull over, shut the car off, open the door, restart the car, and then I had heat, but my center stack button sounds quit working.  Came home, disconnected the 12v for a bit, hooked it back up, and that restored itself.  Girlfriend asked me yesterday if I had stopped using the automatic seat heaters during a remote start and I never disabled that feature... so I went in to my remote start menu and all of the remote start is options are now grayed out except for the duration and if I want to use automatic or last settings.  Defrost (front or rear) and the seat heaters is now completely disabled.  :baby:   Sent an email to my service writer last night with pics but haven't heard back from him yet.

*sigh*  There's probably more software engineering with this car than hardware!

My Go Times are working... sort of.  Still stuck on the low fan speed, but at least the car is mostly warm (and warms up much faster when on the road).

New problem surfaced...  I had remote started my car maybe a month ago while I was out and about, and when I hopped in the car, I had no HVAC.  Nothing.  No fan, no heat.  Checked the climate power usage display and that was at 0.  Turned it off, turned it on... nothing.  I wound up having to pull over, shut the car off, open the door, restart the car, and then I had heat, but my center stack button sounds quit working.  Came home, disconnected the 12v for a bit, hooked it back up, and that restored itself.  Girlfriend asked me yesterday if I had stopped using the automatic seat heaters during a remote start and I never disabled that feature... so I went in to my remote start menu and all of the remote start is options are now grayed out except for the duration and if I want to use automatic or last settings.  Defrost (front or rear) and the seat heaters is now completely disabled.  :baby:   Sent an email to my service writer last night with pics but haven't heard back from him yet.

*sigh*  There's probably more software engineering with this car than hardware!

When mine all got greyed out, they applied TSB 14-096 and that fixed it for me.  I'm still having the issue where the outside temp goes to 50 and stays there.  Having that checked out on Friday.

My car is just out of factory warranty. 

Does anyone know what happens if there is a TSB (known issue) after the warranty period? I have an extended warranty, but it has a deductible.

Am I on the hook for a known problem?  It is amazing how much software is involved with this vehicle. Knowing how this industry works that does not exactly make me feel comfortable. 

My car is just out of factory warranty. 

Does anyone know what happens if there is a TSB (known issue) after the warranty period? I have an extended warranty, but it has a deductible.

Am I on the hook for a known problem?  It is amazing how much software is involved with this vehicle. Knowing how this industry works that does not exactly make me feel comfortable. 

The dealer may do it for free as customer good will. Ford won't since you're beyond the warranty period.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Figured I'd tack on to this old thread.  My FCIM appears to have flipped me the bird again in regards to my remote start.  Ding dong, remote start is dead.  All climate options in the left instrument cluster screen are once again grayed out and not selectable.  I can "start" the car... all lights come on and I can hear the fan, but it remains an icebox.  I use a combination of Go Times and remote start, so having remote start not work is annoying.  Last fix was replacing FCIM.  Looks like I'm headed that way again.  Tried pulling negative battery cable to reboot the car, no dice.  

Seems to lasted a little less than 2 years for me.  Yay for PremiumCARE extended warranty.

Figured I'd tack on to this old thread.  My FCIM appears to have flipped me the bird again in regards to my remote start.  Ding dong, remote start is dead.  All climate options in the left instrument cluster screen are once again grayed out and not selectable.  I can "start" the car... all lights come on and I can hear the fan, but it remains an icebox.  I use a combination of Go Times and remote start, so having remote start not work is annoying.  Last fix was replacing FCIM.  Looks like I'm headed that way again.  Tried pulling negative battery cable to reboot the car, no dice.  

Seems to lasted a little less than 2 years for me.  Yay for PremiumCARE extended warranty.

My wife's car was fine for over 4 years and 61k miles, now the MFM can't contact with the vehicle (hasn't since Sep 10th) and I can't set Go Times manually from within the car itself either.  So this will mean a dealer visit but I haven't been in a hurry since everything else is fine, but now that night temps are getting colder I better get it in there soon.

My wife's car was fine for over 4 years and 61k miles, now the MFM can't contact with the vehicle (hasn't since Sep 10th) and I can't set Go Times manually from within the car itself either.  So this will mean a dealer visit but I haven't been in a hurry since everything else is fine, but now that night temps are getting colder I better get it in there soon.

Have you tried the reboot trick yet?

I recalled getting this message recently and it being a temporary nuisance, so I just tried opening MFM and got the error message when my fingerprint didn't match 3 or so times. I tapped OK and the message immediately repeated, tapped again and all became normal (at least I think it's all normal, but the percentage of charge didn't change when I refreshed by swiping down).

Edited by jj2me

I've noticed that starting last week, every time i start the My Ford mobile app i get an alert "Error registering device - __error__"

Mine is doing the same thing.  After I enter lock code that pops up.  I don't hit the OK, but just tap on the screen a couple times off that popup and it opens fine.

• 1 year later...

I have the premium care warranty too- did they cover the fcim and the updates for free? Thanks!