Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Buy 2014 FFE Used?

FFEorNah

Hi All, There are a few 2014 FFE's for sale around me for around 19k with around 30k miles on them. Are any of the 2014 FFEs having problems around this point? Whats the reliability of Ford's eCVT power train? What percentage of your battery do you feel like you still have left? Would you recommend a your 2014 to a friend at this point? 

I just bought a used 2014 in july with 22k miles perfect condition. Great car, not a problem, battery still gets its full range. I paid $24k and financed thru Ford at 1.9%. My Energi is a Titanium with every available option Ford offers. It was actually sitting inside in the showroom and thats where i first saw it. I thought it was brand new and was shocked it was 2 yrs old.

Edited by My14Energi

Just picked up an SE model a week ago with 30,360 on it for under $18,000. Dealership made it a certified preowned, wanted over $22000. Haggling brought the price down after I walked away from it for 2 weeks. Honestly do not think this dealership understands hybrids or Fords Energi program all that well. Salesman told me they just focus on volume and had to make room. Just plugged it in for the first time today. Only took about 3-4 hours to charge using the included wall charger. So far everything works perfectly, average mileage according to the trip computers has been about 75 mpg. Bear in mind, just learning this car, so more experienced owners will probably report higher returns.

The 12 volt battery is not used to start the engine so it doesn't need a high current capability.  The engine is started from the high voltage battery.  IMHO it is the wrong battery type for the car.  The always on computers present a constant drain on the battery.  Wet cell batteries do not maintain their voltage very well as they discharge.  I replaced mine with an AGM battery which maintains its voltage almost to the point of complete discharge.  It wasn't easy since I had to remove the battery tray and cut the end off of it to make the AGM battery fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 2014 SE back in August, best car I've owned yet....and I have had many.  Had 23k miles on it and paid just over $16k which seems to be about the going price for these cars in Central Florida.  Battery usually gets me 5.1-5.3kw on a full charge.  I charge off 240v at work and home ever since I put in the plugs.  Averaging over 800mpg on this tank right now.  Now the wife wants to trade in her 2010 fusion for one.

• 7 months later...