Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Multiple Accounts/Users of APP with one car

woeo

I am contemplating purchasing a 2017 FFEP and am interested to learn about multiple drivers of the car each accessing information and control over the car through MYFORD MOBILE App.  I have been given conflicting information regarding the process employed.  Any comments would be helpful.

Apologies for posting similar question in the general information area.

There can be

I am contemplating purchasing a 2017 FFEP and am interested to learn about multiple drivers of the car each accessing information and control over the car through MYFORD MOBILE App.  I have been given conflicting information regarding the process employed.  Any comments would be helpful.

Apologies for posting similar question in the general information area.

There can be a user set up for each key fob.  The only restriction is that they must use different email accounts.  Car statistics are then tracked based on which key fob is used.  Two fobs come with the car and two more can be purchased from your dealer.

With two drivers each using the app on their phone or by PC browser, are there any known issues with control of car, e.g., remote locking/unlocking, setting parameters of a charge, or starting charge?  Could I set up a charge time and my wife update my instructions at a later time?  Are text/email updates recipients determined by last driver in car or the user account that requested the action?

Anyone aware of issues of compatibility with Apple computers [as distinct from iPhone], i.e., support for Safari vs Chrome? 

Thanks in advance

You can have more than 2 users with access to your car(s), but MFM only tracks discreet data for the accounts that Keys are assigned to.  Each user can be given different levels of permission and yes, if they are granted permission, they can lock/unlock, remotes start, change go-times and set up value charge profiles etc.  Each account can make their own choices as to what notifications they get and the method of notification.

I have 2 cars on my account with 4 users linked to my cars.  One user is me, I have a key for each car, and admin privileges.  My wife also has admin privileges, with a key for my C-Max assigned to her.  One friend in Seattle has a key to my Focus, but limited privileges. Another friend in Seattle has no keys and very limited access (he used to drive my car, and I left him access so he could "spy" on my other friend :-)

I've use the MFM website on Safari on my iPad with not problems, the website does not seem to have any browser specific peculiarities.  I use it from Mozilla, Chrome, Safari and occasionally IE.

Chris W