Ford Fusion Energi Forum

No Heat in the cabin

Recce93

My cost is my $100 deductible because I bought a premium care ESP. Idk what their cost is this time but last time it was replaced they said it was $1000 Canadian for the part alone.

I did remind him it's the exact same issue that was diagnosed under the factory warranty and 'fixed' with a fix that only lasted 12 months and he confirmed deductible of my ESP applies.

Edit: 3 months. I just called Ford and they tell me replacement parts are only covered for 3 months or 5000km in Canada.

Edited by openair

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not.  It does frustrate me that for my case it was a simple APIM (and some other things) reprogram.  So no parts just them using their proprietary system to 'reset' my system.  Software shouldn't just go bad and need to be reboot/reinstalled (unless it is ALL microsoft stuff inside).  I wish there was a way for me to do that at home.

Probably not.  It does frustrate me that for my case it was a simple APIM (and some other things) reprogram.  So no parts just them using their proprietary system to 'reset' my system.  Software shouldn't just go bad and need to be reboot/reinstalled (unless it is ALL microsoft stuff inside).  I wish there was a way for me to do that at home.

• FSA Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD MYLINCOLN TOUCH WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE APIM
  • Field Service Action Number: 12M02

The repair should not have cost you anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I lost all cabin heat today. I'm pretty sure this is not related to my previous event with the bad electric heater assembly. Even when the ICE is fully warmed up the fan blows nothing but cold air. The most interesting symptom I noticed is that pressing any button on the accessory console no longer produces an audible chime. It's never done that before. There's no way that is a coincidence. The lack of audible feedback when pressing buttons must be related to the more serious problem of no cabin heat. This makes me wonder if it is a software problem.

Anyway, the earliest the dealer can get me in is...wait for it...15 days! I have appointment Feb 1st and in the meantime it's no heat whatsoever for me.

I had something similar happen... End result is the FCIM was replaced, but to get my heat going again, I just powercycled the car (made sure it was completely off by opening the door).  To restore my button pushes, I did remove the negative battery cable, leave it off, and reconnect it a few minutes later.  That may reset it for you... it's a free and a 5 minute potential fix.

Reason I had the module replaced is most of the remote start features went disabled, except the remote start itself.  I couldn't change seat heaters, couldn't pick rear defrost (all grayed out).

I had something similar happen... End result is the FCIM was replaced, but to get my heat going again, I just powercycled the car (made sure it was completely off by opening the door).  To restore my button pushes, I did remove the negative battery cable, leave it off, and reconnect it a few minutes later.  That may reset it for you... it's a free and a 5 minute potential fix.

Reason I had the module replaced is most of the remote start features went disabled, except the remote start itself.  I couldn't change seat heaters, couldn't pick rear defrost (all grayed out).

Thanks for the tip. I disconnected/reconnected the negative terminal and the audible chime is back when pressing buttons. The ICE kicked on to charge the HVB and got up to about 130F at which point I turned the hvac to auto and it felt like warm air was coming out so this may have done the trick. Perhaps a full reboot was all that was needed. I'll know for sure tomorrow morning.

Good thinking Russael. I just did a quite test with the MFM website and the lock/unlock and remote starting seem to be working. I needed to test that anyway after getting the new modem installed.

No - I mean hop in the car and check your left instrument cluster screen.

Settings -> Vehicle -> Remote Start -> Climate Control and see if anything in there is grayed out and no longer selectable.

No - I mean hop in the car and check your left instrument cluster screen.

Settings -> Vehicle -> Remote Start -> Climate Control and see if anything in there is grayed out and no longer selectable.

Oh, ok. Yeah, several of the options are grayed out. It's a good thing I haven't cancelled the appointment yet. 

• 2 weeks later...