Ford Fusion Energi Forum

My Ford Mobile - Incorrect car image and color

dnorris78

After my 2013 FFE SE was totaled I purchased a new 2017 FFE Titanium.  I added to My Ford Mobile.  The functions work well and quicker than the old 2013 car.  However the car image is a fuzzy pic of a C-Max and the wrong color.  There is no place to change the car color, either in the app or on the website.  Also I cannot change the name of the car.  I misspelled a name and want to correct it.  Does anyone else have this issue?

I have a case in the with the MFM support line but they have not responded.

post-660-0-60425800-1479777561_thumb.png

VIN is entered correctly. I can use the mobile app fine to remote start the car. The default C-MAX fuzzy image is still there and I cannot change the color. That option is entirely missing.

If Ford is monitoring ... you have a "not so happy" customer, after spending as much as I did on a new 2017 model.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been an issue every year when the new model year comes out.  For some reason, Ford is slow to update the validation table that tells the system which colors are valid for the new model year.  Until they update the table, you get stuck with the fuzzy avatar and cannot select a color.  There used to be a hack to get to work by manipulating some browser parameters, but I think that stopped working. I know I had the issue with my 2014 Focus Electric that I leased in April of 2014, and I believe I had the problem again when I leased my 2015 C-Max Energi in May of 2015.  Eventually they get around to adding the entries for the new model year to the table, then everything starts to work like people with older cars describe it.