Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Need New Tires - what have other people bought and why -

Neil

My Energi's tires are more than worn out.   I have 63k miles on them, so I really can't complain.  I was never too impressed with the grip and handling of the stock tires - I don't know if it is the tires or the suspension/weight balance.  I suspect it is a little bit of both.  

What tires have other people replaced their Stock tire with and how do you like them?  Any hits to fuel economy?

I installed Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus   http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/ecopia-ep422-plus

Gas mileage is the same as with the OEM Michelins and handling is a bit more sure and the road noise is just as quiet; have about 2K miles on them. They cost about $100 less than the Michelins. 

• 1 month later...

Are there any other experiences here? I am leaning toward the Michelin Premier A/S, but would love to hear from someone who has purchased the tire on this car and their experience. 

I am almost at 47K on the Energy Savers, and while it has not been a bad tire I think the ride would possibly be improved with a nicer tire.

The girlfriend needs new tires on her Focus... she has stock Continentals and they suck... they have sidewall bulges and they're pretty much gone after 45k.  We are looking at both the Michelin Primacy and the Premier tires.  Funny... on Michelin's website, the Primacy seem to be the superior tire via ratings.  On Tire Rack, it's the Premier ones that outrank the Primacy ones.  But the insane thing is we can't find EITHER tire at ANY tire store right now.  Dealer is out, Discount Tire is out, Belle Tire is out... nobody has them for her car.

My truck has older Michelin M/S 2 tires.  Truck came with Firestones and then I got Good Year ones as a recall replacement... hated both.  LOVE the Michelins.

When my tires get worn out on my Fusion, I will likely go with Premier or Primacy tires... more likely the Premiers.  They should be more quiet than the stock energy saver tires.