Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Whose modem still works?

My14Energi

• 4 weeks later...

It's a trap. Mine got replaced and for a few weeks it wouldn't update the EV range, suddenly started again. Value charging hasn't worked since it was replaced. It's a pain the ass to keep remember changing the default every time I need delay (at home) and not (everywhere lese).

Ford dealership doesn't know what I'm talking about or thinks it's a web site issue.

Beware the modem change. Pulling fuse 10 a couple of times now, hasn't helped.

I have no need for Value charge since my electricity costs the same 24/7.  I have never tried it.  Once in a while a trip segment will be missing from MFM since the new modem was installed.  I opened a case about that but have not been notified of any resolution.  I have a single repeating GO time that happens once a week that has been working fine.  I also had the EV range problem but once it started working it has been fine.

So have you seen the ad for the new Ford OBD plug in modem....4G?? It basically adds MFM to 2009 and up Ford/Lincoln, same functions. But 4G. Why did we get 3G junk? As existing customers that use an app specifically for our model cars?

Edited by My14Energi