Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Factory order wait time

mfjj

Hi Folks, I just ordered an FFE Platinum. The dealer said FFE took longer to arrive (12-16 weeks). I assumed that's just dealer talk but was there any truth in it? I think my 13 C-MAX took less than 8 weeks. What's the typical wait time these days? When should I expect the VIN be available? Just curious. I'm in no rush.

That does seem like a long time. We've ordered cars 2 times. The first time it took about 8 weeks. The second time it took about 16 weeks. It took long the second time because we ordered a 2011 Escape Hybrid and then Ford decided to switch to the next model year before they started building ours so we had to get reinserted into the queue for the 2012 model year. The dealer was apologetic about it and gave use the 2012 for the price we agreed on for the 2011 even though the 2012 was $500 more.

By the way, we are in the process of buying a 2017 Explorer Platinum and depending on whether there is one with the colors we want near St. Louis will determine if we have to order again. We're hoping the dealer can find one so that we don't have to wait :)

Just curious...are concerned about lot rot and a degraded HVB? As long as they didn't keep the HVB at 100% SoC it's probably fine.

Just didn't want to deal with the unknowns. That car has been sitting on a North Jersey lot for probably 6 months now. Who knows? Maybe the charge port door is all frozen. Just kidding :)

I got my order confirmation on Nov 28 for FFE Titanium, my dealer said the production date should be in mid-February, and delivery around mid-March, in total 15-16 weeks.

Thanks! It's a good thing I'm in no rush. I only need it when my son takes away my beloved C-MAX in May. I know I will miss that automatic liftgate...

By the way, you drive a Platinum and ordered another Titanium?