Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Leased Platinum Energi

jaydubau

I bought a used 2014 Titanium Energi in October. I have about a 40 mile each way commute. Half the trip is reverse commute and the other half is in the commute lane, so I got the stickers. 

The car only had the sunroof and navigation as the only options. I really liked the car, but wanted the adoptive cruise control, heated steering wheel, etc. So, with the $7k rebate from Ford coupled with about a $4k discount from the dealer, allowed the priced of a new 2017 Platinum Energi to drop from about $42k to $31k. I leased it for 3 years, $5k down and 18k miles per year due to my commute. Payments worked out to about $420/month.

Well, I went for it. The Platinum is a FANTASTIC car. Leather covered everything.

If anyone's on the fence I would highly suggest they go for it!!!!

• 5 months later...

I am curious about the difference between a Platinum and a Titanium with the options a Platinum has. For example, I find a Titanium but add to it the Moonroof, park assist, cooled seats, drive assist, BLIS, etc...basically, it's become Platinum minus the nicer leather seats and bigger wheels? I guess that's what I am trying to figure out...is the difference the seats and the wheel, or are there other things that differentiate the two? 

I don't have any Energi Platinums to actually look at here in Marietta, so I can't go see for myself. Same with loaded Energi Titantiums. I've found several online...Platinums for $31K vs. Titaniums full loaded (almost equivalent of the Platinum) for $29K. Is the Platinum work the $2K more? 

Yah, they do seem hard to find.  I just got lucky that my dealership here in Central Illinois got 4 of these factory execs from a dealership in Plano Texas.  And the fact I've been one of their customers for 10 years they gave me more on my trade in than it was probably worth.  Yah, I know trade in value is a numbers game but I still felt it was a really good deal.  Good luck with your 2014!

• 1 month later...

After a (long) month of negotiations I got this weekend a 2017 FFE Platinum, and love it so far! Worked the rates a lot to get to 3k down + 314$/month lease rate for 36 months.

The differences to a fully-loaded Titanium are some minor changes to the exterior and a huge difference to the interior: different leather on the seats, stitching on the seats and brown leather-covered dashboard.

After a (long) month of negotiations I got this weekend a 2017 FFE Platinum, and love it so far! Worked the rates a lot to get to 3k down + 314$/month lease rate for 36 months.

The differences to a fully-loaded Titanium are some minor changes to the exterior and a huge difference to the interior: different leather on the seats, stitching on the seats and brown leather-covered dashboard.

I believe the steering wheel tilt/telescoping is also electrically operated on the Platinum, whereas it's old-school on the Titanium and below?

Congratulations btw - I love the Platinum trim :)