Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Whiney Transmission

jaydubau

I bought a used 2014 FFE-Titanium last October. My wife always commented how quiet the car is when we're driving in EV mode.

Well, I liked the FFE so much, that I leased a new 2017 FFE-Platinum a month ago. Both my wife and I noticed that the 2017 makes a louder whine noise that seems to be coming from the drivetrain than the 2014 ever did. It's still there when using the ICE, but not as noticeable due to the engine noise,The 2014 had 40k miles on it and, of course, the 2017 has just 1k.

Has anyone else experienced a noticeable drivetrain whine? I'm assuming it's from the transmission, since it's present in all modes. Is that something that gets better with mileage?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

John

I have a 2015 and I can barely discern any noise from the transmission at all. Sometimes I think I can hear a whining when I lightly press on the brake, but it could be my imagination. I've seen a few threads talking about strange noises (like whining) coming from transmissions that eventually had to be replaced. It's warrantied until 100k so there's no need to panic or anything. Just keep an eye on it.

I have a 2015 and I can barely discern any noise from the transmission at all. Sometimes I think I can hear a whining when I lightly press on the brake, but it could be my imagination. I've seen a few threads talking about strange noises (like whining) coming from transmissions that eventually had to be replaced. It's warrantied until 100k so there's no need to panic or anything. Just keep an eye on it.

Okay. Thanks!!