Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Car value today

Elijah B

These seem to be depreciation machines. I just bought a 2017 FFE titanium, fully loaded with 8k miles for $22k. that is about $20k under list (which no one pays), and i'd guess about $6k under what I would pay brand new, with the fed tax credit. This car came from Colorado, where there is another big rebate (I am in Missouri, with no state credit), so you have to include those in your depreciation as well. I wouldn't buy this car if i didn't intend to keep it for 10+ years. hope it is reliable enough to make it worth it....

• 3 weeks later...

I just paid $19K for a 2 year old 2015 FFE Titanium which I felt was a good price.   It is fully loaded with Adaptive Cruise, Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Indicator, Lane Assist, Active Park Assist, Collision Detection, Cooled Seats, Sunroof, Voice Nav, Rain Sensing.  I believe the only thing it doesn't have is a heated steering wheel.  I was shopping for months and had a hard time finding a FFE Titanium with all these options for under 20K.  I would see many that might only have 1 or 2 options (mainly Sun Roof and/or Nav) or were a bit beat up for around 15 to 16K, but to find loaded in like new condition with everything for under 20K was tough.  The original windows sticker on it was $45,670 so that's more than 50% depreciation.  I believe one reason for the high depreciation was the tax credits the original owners received on them really brought the price down well under sticker.  In California between state and Federal I believe tax credit was $10,000.  

• 1 year later...

The depreciation is terrible with the Fusion.

I have a 2015 SE with sunroof, NAV, push button start, and have it listed for 16k and I hope I can even get that. I bought it new with zero down and $328 month for a 3yr lease.

It still looks new and I have 60k miles. I also paid $2,400 for a zero deductible Ford Premium Care warranty for 2 more years and up to 125k miles. The battery still has plenty of juice and I can sometimes get 20-22 miles out of it.

The reason for selling is I'm going to owe about 4.5k when the lease is due in a few months and I have a Tesla Model 3 thats ready to be built.

I'm hoping to only pay a few grand instead of the $4,500 or so that I'll owe if I turn it in.

I really love the car but been wanting the Tesla for over 2yrs when I put a deposit on it.

I hope it sells and can get 16k for it. 

Edited by jasper7821

I got a 13 month old 2017 Energi Titanium for over 40% off its original MSRP (before tax credit). Factor in the tax credit and the depreciation was closer to 35% which is still very high. 

Fords just seem to have terrible resale value in general. If you want strong resale value, go with a Toyota or Honda. Nothing else can compare. 

Edited by 4cylinder

The depreciation is terrible with the Fusion.

I have a 2015 SE with sunroof, NAV, push button start, and have it listed for 16k and I hope I can even get that. I bought it new with zero down and $328 month for a 3yr lease.

It still looks new and I have 60k miles. I also paid $2,400 for a zero deductible Ford Premium Care warranty for 2 more years and up to 125k miles. The battery still has plenty of juice and I can sometimes get 20-22 miles out of it.

The reason for selling is I'm going to owe about 4.5k when the lease is due in a few months and I have a Tesla Model 3 thats ready to be built.

I'm hoping to only pay a few grand instead of the $4,500 or so that I'll owe if I turn it in.

I really love the car but been wanting the Tesla for over 2yrs when I put a deposit on it.

I hope it sells and can get 16k for it. 

I'm doubting you can get $16K.  I bought almost your exact car 10 months ago in your area, with 43K miles for $16K.  Got it from Ford of Orange.  Yours is now a year older with a year's more mileage on it.  Unless the warranty is transferable, there isn't much making it worth that price.  Sorry.

It still looks new and I have 60k miles. I also paid $2,400 for a zero deductible Ford Premium Care warranty for 2 more years and up to 125k miles. 

I think you paid way too much for that warranty.  I got a 6 year 120K warranty for only $1400.  It has a $100 deductible but that is waved if the repair is done at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle.

My 2017 stickered at $43K and I bought it for $23K with 7500 miles (factory exec titled only to Ford).  But a year later and the blue book is already down to $19K.  Pretty sad how they lose value so quickly.

Yeah my dealer offered me slightly under $1400 for a PremiumCare warranty. Flood Ford ESP also sells them online at competitive prices. I didn't bother because it's not a true bumper to bumper warranty and won't cover peeling trim or rattles.

I suspect the announcement that the Fusion will be discontinued in North America may have further hurt resale value :(

Edited by 4cylinder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Last month I bought a Fusion Energi Titanium for $13,700. A local Lithia dealer had taken it on trade. I live in Montana and the dealer was not confident that anyone would be interested, thus the decent price. 40k on the odometer. All options but park assist, so it has lane keep, cross traffic, inflating rear seatbelts, sunroof, etc. It had a broken windshield and the dealer charged me a $300 document fee, so really I'm into it for more than the sales price.

• 3 weeks later...