Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Order/Build Thread

pluggedin

My deal in 01760 was $2230 under MSRP with X-plan (SE, but Titanium looks about the same), each option was discounted ~5%, then $1500 customer cash on purchase.  There were some good financing options as well, like 0% for 48 or 0.9% for 60, but I'm still mulling those over and don't have to lock in yet.  Wish I'd got the coupon...

That is simply mahvelous dahling. Thanks again for sharing.

One more question and I will leave you alone. How did you get your X-Plan Pin? Are you a Ford part supplier or a partner in some other way?

I still don't have word back whether my dealer will allow me use X-Plan pricing or not. If they do, I am going to have to go the Mustang Club route that was suggested in another thread in this forum.

Edited by pluggedin

That is simply mahvelous dahling. Thanks again for sharing.

One more question and I will leave you alone. How did you get your X-Plan Pin? Are you a Ford part supplier or a partner in some other way?

I still don't have word back whether my dealer will allow me use X-Plan pricing or not. If they do, I am going to have to go the Mustang Club route that was suggested in another thread in this forum.

Wife works for a college that has a building named after Ford.  There's definitely some kind of mututal agreement going on there.  Her name has to be on the deal.  Glad I could help.

My deal in 01760 was $2230 under MSRP with X-plan (SE, but Titanium looks about the same), each option was discounted ~5%, then $1500 customer cash on purchase.  There were some good financing options as well, like 0% for 48 or 0.9% for 60, but I'm still mulling those over and don't have to lock in yet.  Wish I'd got the coupon...

My deal was very close to the deal configured here: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do (I am not sure if I can post numbers... but if you qualify you can log in and configure your car)

It started off with a similar discount to yours but as you added options the discount grew (as did the price of the car). Plus when the dealership configured the car it was a little cheaper then the website (who am I to argue). So yes, ~$5K off the MSRP (hopefully it was ok to put those numbers here)

Now there were also misc fees and taxes that pumped those numbers back up again (you would pay those anyway).  As you add options the deal gets better-- at least comparred to list price.The A,D, & Z plans are even better but unfortunately I do not qualify for those. (X = partner -- I work for a company that does business with Ford)

So hopefully I spelled it out better that time, and yes I feel I got a great deal on a what I hope is a great car (little nervous about buying a car I have never driven. But I drove the Hybrid and v6 Titanium. I also test drove a Volt. The Hybrid drove nice and the interior of the titanium is at least equivalent to my current car, Acura TL.)

The xplan is a great deal, and it really made the car buying experience wonderful. I hate to haggle, but I will. The dealers all explained to me they were under no obligation to give me this price, but at the same time seemed happy to have my business.  It is going to be a long wait.... excited but it just went into the system on Wednesday so it will be weeks before I even have a guess at a delivery date (I am told). Never ordered a car before. Actually this is my first Ford too (previously bought Toyota, Nissan, BMW, VW, and Acura). 

Edited by meyersnole

One more thing... I am pretty sure it was $1500 OR the low priced financing -- not both. I got extremely lucky with the private rebate. I have been eyeing this car forever and have been on their mailing list since the car first came out, so have been getting mailings. My suggestion is to go to the Ford site and give them you email and mailing address and request a brochure. You might also get lucky.

One more thing... I am pretty sure it was $1500 OR the low priced financing -- not both. I got extremely lucky with the private rebate. I have been eyeing this car forever and have been on their mailing list since the car first came out, so have been getting mailings. My suggestion is to go to the Ford site and give them you email and mailing address and request a brochure. You might also get lucky.

It definitely is $1,500 OR low financing. Not both.

It started off with a similar discount to yours but as you added options the discount grew (as did the price of the car). Plus when the dealership configured the car it was a little cheaper then the website (who am I to argue). So yes, ~$5K off the MSRP (hopefully it was ok to put those numbers here)

The xplan is a great deal, and it really made the car buying experience wonderful. I hate to haggle, but I will. The dealers all explained to me they were under no obligation to give me this price, but at the same time seemed happy to have my business.  It is going to be a long wait.... excited but it just went into the system on Wednesday so it will be weeks before I even have a guess at a delivery date (I am told). Never ordered a car before. Actually this is my first Ford too (previously bought Toyota, Nissan, BMW, VW, and Acura). 

I am pretty sure it's okay to post numbers here, since we have been doing that for awhile now and nothing has been said.

We will have to have a PIN to enter the Partner site and I will have to spend $50 to get one so I am not going to do that until my dealer says he will allow me to use X-Plan pricing. Then I just have to hope it works.

My son has been a Ford man for years. Even the trucks he uses in his business are Fords, but this is my first Ford ever. I drove a gas model Fusion and a C-Max hybrid and found the C-Max had a surprising amount of power and that the Fusion was very quiet and an easy drive. I am certain I have made the right choice here.

I have never ordered a car before either and, like most of you, I have been researching this car for about a year and have had my order in since November of 2012 and the wait has been excruciatingly slow. Especially since Ford has been so very slow in releasing any information about the car at all. Thank God I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now...just hope it's not a train.

I asked for a brochure before they were even available and finally got one months ago. But no coupon. That's is one of the problems with being way out in front of the curve...and I have found there are others, like not knowing about X-plan pricing and asking for it after the fact.

One more thing... I am pretty sure it was $1500 OR the low priced financing -- not both.

I just looked at the $1,500 incentive that is offered on the Ford site and it says it is "3 payments on us cash (customer must make actual payments)" and that you have to take new retail delivery from dealer STOCK by 2/4/13. Is that the same $1,500 you got, or different?

I just looked at the $1,500 incentive that is offered on the Ford site and it says it is "3 payments on us cash (customer must make actual payments)" and that you have to take new retail delivery from dealer STOCK by 2/4/13. Is that the same $1,500 you got, or different?

So, not real sure.... I was told that I would get the offers unless there was a better one available when I was delivered the car. My "Contract of Sale" lists the selling price of the car, doc fee, highway use tax, transfer of tag, sales total, then my deposit, and MFR Rebates at 2250,then total due (cash or finance).

The finance manager checked everything before writing it up, to ensure that I could stack the 1500 and the 750 rebate together. Hopefully I dont get the car and they tell me something different, but I do have a signed contract... I think that means something.

I asked for a brochure before they were even available and finally got one months ago. But no coupon. That's is one of the problems with being way out in front of the curve...and I have found there are others, like not knowing about X-plan pricing and asking for it after the fact.

I got the brochure a while back. The private rebate came just a week ago or so in a small plastic envelope that says on the front "First rule of taking the world by surpise?" on the front with the 3 Fusion models on the inside (gas, hybrid, and energi)

So, not real sure.... I was told that I would get the offers unless there was a better one available when I was delivered the car. My "Contract of Sale" lists the selling price of the car, doc fee, highway use tax, transfer of tag, sales total, then my deposit, and MFR Rebates at 2250,then total due (cash or finance).

The finance manager checked everything before writing it up, to ensure that I could stack the 1500 and the 750 rebate together. Hopefully I dont get the car and they tell me something different, but I do have a signed contract... I think that means something.

Yes, if they stepped in it and made a mistake, they will have to live with. I have a contract of sale that I signed as well and put down a deposit, so now it will depend on how greedy they are.

I got the brochure a while back. The private rebate came just a week ago or so in a small plastic envelope that says on the front "First rule of taking the world by surpise?" on the front with the 3 Fusion models on the inside (gas, hybrid, and energi)

I get a lot of junk mail like that so it is conceivable I tossed it. I thought of ordering another brochure but I am having trouble finding where I can do that.

I ordered it a while back and it came with a page that said an extra surprise for you.  When I got to the page it said to enjoy the following incentives and there were none listed.

Probably looked like the "offer you didn't expect" page that I got, the one with zero/zilch/nada listed under it.  I scanned it and posted it a couple months ago in the below thread.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51770-ford-750-coupon/page-2&do=findComment&comment=818602

I get a lot of junk mail like that so it is conceivable I tossed it. I thought of ordering another brochure but I am having trouble finding where I can do that.

I feel for you, I get a lot of stuff that just hits the trash too... this was a nice booklet though with post card looking thing in it that had the offer. It came in a plastic sleeve.

I think I requested from here:  http://www.ford.com/brochures/

Just read the other thread linked here -- another forum! -- and it seems that Ford just randomly sent some of these out. Odd. Nice to be lucky!

Edited by meyersnole

I feel for you, I get a lot of stuff that just hits the trash too... this was a nice booklet though with post card looking thing in it that had the offer. It came in a plastic sleeve.

I think I requested from here:  http://www.ford.com/brochures/

Just read the other thread linked here -- another forum! -- and it seems that Ford just randomly sent some of these out. Odd. Nice to be lucky!

Thanks meyersnole, I ordered another brochure this morning and that will give me something to look for.

Well, low and behold I got another Fusion Brochure in the mail this afternoon and there was a $750 private cash offer inside to use on any car of my choice, in addition to any other offers and incentives. Now I don't feel so left out.

Now I will probably get another brochure because I ordered one this morning.

Well, low and behold I got another Fusion Brochure in the mail this afternoon and there was a $750 private cash offer inside to use on any car of my choice, in addition to any other offers and incentives. Now I don't feel so left out.

Sweet!

I joined the cool club and ordered a Fusion (not Energi) brochure this morning.  Not sure if it make a difference what brochure is ordered.  I hope it gets here in the next few weeks.

Ordered a Ford Fusion Energi or Hybrid Titanium - Share where you are in the process: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52490-progress-on-orders-for-fusion-energi-and-hybrid-titanium/ Hoping production starts soon!

I hope to have one place to see where people are in the order process without having to search through a lot of discussion to figure out if progress is being made for anyone.

Ordered a Ford Fusion Energi or Hybrid Titanium - Share where you are in the process: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52490-progress-on-orders-for-fusion-energi-and-hybrid-titanium/ Hoping production starts soon!

I hope to have one place to see where people are in the order process without having to search through a lot of discussion to figure out if progress is being made for anyone.

Yes, Taylorjd, that was my intent when I started this thread but I did not make it clear that no discussion should be carried out on this thread and now we have almost four pages of discussion, other than the order process by those who have placed an order for the Energi.

I note you have placed your info on the Blue Oval Forum. We can start another thread here and restrict discussion (hopefully) or we can use your thread in the Blue Oval Forum but that means everyone here will have to register on that site as well. That's not a problem for me, since I am already registered there. I really don't want two places to post that information though.

I won't make that decision everyone else though, let me hear from you and others.

Edited by pluggedin