Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Radio

Hardp

I have a 2013 titanium Energi. There is a button on the lower right side of the steering wheel that controls both the radio channel selected and answering and hanging up the phone. Yesterday, out of the blue, it stooped switching between stAtions, whether am, fm or XM. It works with the phone and if, thru settings, I switch to "replay" it works just fine but it won't switch between pre-selected stations or XM channels.

Thoughts?

Does the front panel still work?  Touchscreen?  If only the steering wheel control doesn't work, then a wire may have been severed or the switch quit working... but you said it does work with the phone still.  If none of it works, try "rebooting" the radio by removing your negative battery cable from your 12v (in the trunk, drivers side, behind a carpeted door) for a few minutes and then reconnecting it.  As the I.T. crowd says, "Did you try turning it off and on again?"

Haven't seen that really fix much (it'll knock out your Myford Mobile registration and basically reset the whole headunit back to factory, but the module itself doesn't reboot or lose power.  Like your PC, the radio is run by a computer and sometimes those lock up or exhibit oddball behavior.  Removing the negative battery cable won't knock out anything except your clock, and it will cause the module itself to lose power and reboot once power is reapplied.  It's up to you though.

Haven't seen that really fix much (it'll knock out your Myford Mobile registration and basically reset the whole headunit back to factory, but the module itself doesn't reboot or lose power.  Like your PC, the radio is run by a computer and sometimes those lock up or exhibit oddball behavior.  Removing the negative battery cable won't knock out anything except your clock, and it will cause the module itself to lose power and reboot once power is reapplied.  It's up to you though.

It also loses the engine learned parameters.  The engine has to relearn its operating parameters.

I wasn't going to say anything about engine parameters since it relearns it anyway, and isn't something that is really noticeable, like the clock.

I have not had any issues removing my battery terminal twice before.  Had my MFM modem lock up a couple times plus I had my radio front control panel lock up on me before.  Killing power to the car and leaving it sit for a few minutes and reconnecting it hasn't had any detrimental effects for me, and so far from the countless others who have done the same thing (mostly for the MFM modem) haven't mentioned frying anything.  Yet.

You could always consult the manual and try pulling a fuse instead, but it's difficult to reach.  The panel under your steering wheel pops away and reveals a small hole on the left side that you can look through to see the fuse panel, but you have to reach under the dash to get to it.