Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Ford's recalls unprofessional, reduce appearance and resale value

openair

I finally let a local Ev certified dealership complete the telematics recall a few months back. I had waited a long time after it became available as my old modem still worked for awhile longer here in Canada then those in the states. However even after waiting months to get this done the interior trim that was removed for the recall was not replaced at that time. They claimed to have broken the clips and had no spares. Being busy with overtime it was as about a month before I got back in to have them replace it. It came lose again about 1.5 months ago and I just picked up the vehicle after taking it in for some general maintenance and asked them to fix this again. The paperwork states that any trim removed for the recall is "tight and secure." The pics below show that it is visibly hanging with a large gap between this panel and the next. It was not like this before the recall. Anyone interested in buying the vehicle is going to be turned off by the ugliness. A recall that only partially restored functionality of MFM and reduced the appearance and resale value is exactly what I've come to expect from Ford and they don't disappoint!

post-1224-0-27221300-1510790367_thumb.jpg

post-1224-0-91886900-1510790384_thumb.jpg

post-1224-0-32801000-1510790400_thumb.jpg

Edited by openair

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine done. They broke a clip for the Rear Defroster wiring harness. They winded up replacing the whole rear glass and gave me a loaner in the meantime. The glass company that installed it left a couple of small scratches on the bottom corner where the glass joins the body. You can barely notice it but I will just use some touch up paint to cover it up. Before this MFM did not work for me. It seems to be Ford's techs aren't very experienced with this recall repair.  

• 1 month later...