Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2018 Energi right summary display factors

So I've had a couple of 2018 Energi loaners from the dealer and the latest one is missing a display on the right side that was on the previous Energi I was driving.

I've looked through all the settings and I can't seem to find it.

The best way I can explain it was when you went to turn the car off, it would display a summary on the right hand display showing some factors for your energy use. It had braking and climate control use, route selection and temperature and other factors I think.

It had a bar graph that went to the right in green if it was a positive factor and went to the left in amber if it was a negative factor.

Anyone know where this display can be turned on? Is it dependent on the Sync version?

Thanks

Edited by energitestdriver

So I think I've found the answer to my question. The energy usage effects is what I was thinking of. In the owners manual:

Next Full Charge

The Next Full Charge display is shown upon shutting off your Energi vehicle whenever your vehicle operates in Plug-in Power Mode for a portion of your trip.

Energy usage effects (+/-)

A green bar indicates a positive effect on your EV range per full charge estimate. An amber bar indicates a negative effect. The bigger the bar the bigger the effect on your estimate.

Looks like it won't show up unless I operate in plug-in power mode for a portion of the trip.

Maybe it was because the vehicle had never been plugged in? It was brand new. I plugged it in and charged last night and then energy usage effects started showing up.  :)

Took a picture too. It's not too impressive so far but maybe the averages haven't settled out yet.

https://imgur.com/a/Ev9ut5U

Thanks

I really don't pay much attention to it.  In a couple months you probably won't either.  I can't affect the outside temps and my climate control use is what it is.  Bottom line I'm going to be comfortable when I drive and not let summary gauges control my driving habits.

That's the way to go! 

And yes, the more you drive, the more the car learns and the more accurate the "next full charge" distance estimate will be. Now that it's summer the numbers should look good.

Interesting though. I used up my plug in battery charge driving this morning and the right side display disappeared again on my next trip. I think the last loaner Energi I had (also a 2018) it would show up after every trip no matter what. Anyway, maybe it's a software version thing. I just got used to it being there. Seeing the leaves just doesn't do it for me.

I always wonder what constituted "other" factors anyway.

Thanks

Well contrary to my above statement where i said i always see the use message after every drive... last night i forgot t plug in my vehicle.  When i got to work this morning and shut it off, i just got the green leaves and then a message that said "thank you for driving a hybrid".  

yep, if your trip was purely in hybrid mode the right screen will not display those stats anymore. It'll operate exactly like the regular hybrid.

• 1 year later...

I, too, would appreciate any thoughts as to what constitutes "other" factors listed in the third bar of the "Next Full Charge" screen displayed at key-off.  I live in southern Florida where temperatures range from 70's in winter to low 90's in summer.  My routes vary with 90% suburban streets with speed <50mph and the rest is highway driving (in hybrid mode).  What perplexes me is that despite widely varying temps, route, style, climate control usage, etc., etc.,  the "Outside temp./other" metric is always a significant negative influence on my estimated range;  it never changes.  It's a big fat amber bar stretching far to the left, all of the time.  Maybe this factor could be improved if only I knew what "other" entailed.  The owners manual is less than helpful in this regard.

I have a 2017 FFE with ~45,000 miles and get 22-23 miles on a full charge at present.  Charge exclusively on 110v. OEM tires.

IMG_3263.jpg

Edited by MarcoTom
improve context of post