Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New tires.....finally!!

My14Energi

Btw...went with Kumho Ecsta PS31 tires. They're Z rated tires which are probably more tire than the car needs but i wanted a good wet performing summer tire. All season tires are junk for down here. They feel great, drive great, low noise and handle great in the rain. We'll see how the mpg are affected, thus far i feel the performance outweighs any drop in mpg's. Oh, and at $69 a pop im happy with the money spent.

• 4 weeks later...

I got 73k miles out of the original Michelin Energy Savers, which is about the only good thing about those tires. They made the car feel like it was driving on marshmallows and i'd have to say they are down right unsafe in wet weather.

I have 78k miles on my Michelin's, but I'm using 50 psi which makes the tires handle better and work better in the rain. I do cross rotate my tires about every 10k miles to manage the noise issue and make the tires last longer.  The Energy Saver tires are very quiet for the first 20k miles and work fine for me in rain and snow. I definitely don't want to give up 3-4 mpg and I doubt Kumho are going to last as long. :)

Paul

• 4 months later...

Kumhos are cheap for a reason.  You will hate yourself after a year or so, and as in the case with the only set I've ever owned, they will actively attempt to murder you in anything less than perfect driving conditions.  Road noise wasn't as bad as those Toyos I also regret buying.  For my money, it's Continental or Michelin - End of list.

Btw...went with Kumho Ecsta PS31 tires. They're Z rated tires which are probably more tire than the car needs but i wanted a good wet performing summer tire. All season tires are junk for down here. They feel great, drive great, low noise and handle great in the rain. We'll see how the mpg are affected, thus far i feel the performance outweighs any drop in mpg's. Oh, and at $69 a pop im happy with the money spent.