Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Do you have to have MFM to have Value Charge work?

sharksgrl99

I just bought a 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium 11 days ago and am loving it so far. Trying to read and learn as much as I can but am stumped at the moment. 

I have set up the Go Times and Value Charge through the dash, set to on for Value Charge and not Now Charge. I have tried signing up for the MyFord Mobile app and it will not confirm with the car. I also see on my Gas & Electric account that it is not charging on the Value Charge times, but starts when I plug it in. 

I have read that it will charge the first 10% if below but wait for the remainder to charge to do at the Value Charge times. It is not doing that. It is consistent from the time I plug in. I also read that MFM is no longer being supported after Aug 1 (car bought Aug 11th). 

So my questions are:

1. Does MFM have to link to car in order for Value Charge to work?

2. Is there a way to get Value Charge to work without MFM?

3. I tried doing the Sync Update through the dash and it tried dialing and I received a recording saying it was no longer supported. 

What do I do? Can I even get this fixed/resolved or is it just disabled/not supported and I'm screwed? I am tech savvy and would ideally love to have the app synced and working for data usage, if possible. 

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I do not use MFM and I do value charge every day.  Once you're done programming your value charge, including 120V or 240V, hit save, and make sure you've pressed "value charge" on the screen, exit back out and look at what it says for "charge start time" for the next charge.  If it is the current time, something didn't work.  If it says your programmed start time, you should be all set.

The only times it has messed up are when I had not pressed "save" or had forgotten to press "value charge" after doing a charge now session.

Why doesn't MFM work?  Did you get your modem updated for free from 2g (no longer supported) to 3G?  If you did, and it doesn't work, pull fuse 10 or disconnect the negative lead of the battery in the trunk for a couple of minutes to reset the modem.

I've never used value charge (electric rate is the same 24/7/365) but discussions in the past seemed to indicate that all 24 hours in a day must be accounted for to make it work.

Why doesn't MFM work? Did you get your modem updated for free from 2g (no longer supported) to 3G? If you did, and it doesn't work, pull fuse 10 or disconnect the negative lead of the battery in the trunk for a couple of minutes to reset the modem.

I've never used value charge (electric rate is the same 24/7/365) but discussions in the past seemed to indicate that all 24 hours in a day must be accounted for to make it work.

How can I find out if it was updated? I just bought it 11 days ago.

I do not use MFM and I do value charge every day.  Once you're done programming your value charge, including 120V or 240V, hit save, and make sure you've pressed "value charge" on the screen, exit back out and look at what it says for "charge start time" for the next charge.  If it is the current time, something didn't work.  If it says your programmed start time, you should be all set.

The only times it has messed up are when I had not pressed "save" or had forgotten to press "value charge" after doing a charge now session.

I checked again and it was back on Charge Now. Grr. I've changed this back to Value Charge (I've done this numerous times already). Let's see if it sticks this time. Seems I'll have to check it every night until I know it's working correctly.  Thank you. 

I still can't get MFM to connect with the car though  :cry:

Did you set up an account on owner.ford.com?

In that account you will find recalls for your car listed.

I would hope that it had been done.  AT&T's 2G network was turned off 12/31/2016.

Yes, I've had the account on owner.ford.com and it does not show that as a recall. I did however find a different thread on how to check the modem and I do indeed have a 2G modem that needs replacing. Once that is done then maybe I can get MFM to work. 

Value Charge FINALLY worked last night too!!  Thank you for your suggestions!

• 5 months later...