Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Navigation Upgrade SD slot

SD Card Location of Slot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vangogh448

vangogh448

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationusa
  • Current Vehicle:2017 fusion energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:40 AM

Has anyone tried to upgrade the navigation maps?  I received an SD card from the Nav company, but cannot find the SD card slot in my 2017 Fusion Energi.  Anyone now where it is located?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:56 AM

Has anyone tried to upgrade the navigation maps?  I received an SD card from the Nav company, but cannot find the SD card slot in my 2017 Fusion Energi.  Anyone now where it is located?

It's inside of the center console between the audio/video jacks and the USB ports

#3 OFFLINE   vangogh448

vangogh448

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationusa
  • Current Vehicle:2017 fusion energi

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:53 AM

The 2017 Energi has no audio/video jacks. (My 2016 Fusion non non-hybrid had those).  Only thing in the console is a USB port and a power port.  No SD slot in the arm console, nor in the console beneath the stereo etc.  Do you have a 2017 Energi? 

#4 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

The 2017 Energi has no audio/video jacks. (My 2016 Fusion non non-hybrid had those).  Only thing in the console is a USB port and a power port.  No SD slot in the arm console, nor in the console beneath the stereo etc.  Do you have a 2017 Energi? 

No, I have a 2013. 

This shows where it is.

Attached File  Untitled.jpg   69.75KB   1 downloads

#5 OFFLINE   jj2me

jj2me

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

I also have a 2017 FFE, and this is what I get when I tried to get updated maps (I had to successively click "Ford", "Fusion" [there was no separate Energi listing], "2017").  Short version without clicking that link:

"Thank you for your interest in a navigation update for your SYNC 3 system.

This Product Is Currently Unavailable."

And yes, there is no SD card slot in the 2017.  Are you sure you got the updated nav maps for the 2017 and not some earlier year?  It's also possible that they're currently out of stock of mailable physical media copies of map updates.  But sending you an SD card doesn't sound right.

#6 OFFLINE   Davidoo

Davidoo

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 39 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPhoenix
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

Could it be because the 2017 can update via wifi?  I have a 2017 and have updated the SYNC version over my home wifi.  I would have to say the updating the maps would have to be a huge download though.

#7 OFFLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 141 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:33 AM

Yes the 2017 lacks an SD slot. The company made a mistake giving you an SD card (they probably assumed you had an older car).

I don't find factory nav updates to be worth paying for. There is no guarantee your own city is part of the update, the update might still be out of date by the time it's delivered, and the nav system lacks pretty much all the advantages of Google Maps and Waze. Sync3 equipped Fusions support Android Auto which is objectively superior to the factory nav in every way possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·