Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Tips for determining if wheels will fit the Energi?

4cylinder

I just got Nokian winters mounted on my stock 17" wheels, and decided that when I switch back to the Michelin Greens in April, I want a cool-looking set of wheels to go with them (preferably 17" so I don't need new all-season tires as well). It would also allow me to just jack up my car and do the swapping myself instead of wasting an hour at the shop and paying someone to swap the tires and reuse the wheels.

I know many wheel websites will do the matching for you when it comes to getting aftermarket wheels, but I'm interested in potentially getting OEM wheels that were intended for other vehicles - e.g. Ford Mustang, last-gen Lincoln MKZ, etc and I don't know how to determine whether or not those wheels will actually be mountable on my 2017 Energi. For example, are there any "magic numbers" like lug nut dimensions that I should look out for?

I'm a complete newbie to this and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The only help I can give you is to state that the 16" mini spare that people have found to work with the hybrid will not work with the Energi.  The Energi has bigger brakes and the 16" wheels will not clear the brake calipers.

The lug nut bolt size is in the Ownre's Manual.

For my 2013 the bolt size is M12 x 1.5.  The torque is 100 lb-ft.

Don't forget the TPMS sensors that match the car.

Thanks, I assume lug nuts can simply be shared between the different sets of wheels since I'd only use one at a time anyway?

I determined that the Energi's bolt pattern is 5x108 - also assuming this means I can only get wheels that have exactly 5 lug nut holes and with a diameter of exactly 108 mm?

As for TPMS, is it possible to get away with generic ebay stuff or do I absolutely have to buy Ford specific sensors? Are there physical size considerations to worry about?

You need a TPMS that is on the same frequency as the car's TPMS receiver.  I don't know what brand Ford uses but it has the capability to send tire pressures to the computer.  I can read out the tire pressures using a Scangauge II even though the 2013 does not support displaying the tire pressures.

Lug nuts depend on the wheels.  The winter tire wheels I have for my other car can not use the standard lug nuts.  I got the wheels from Tire Rack and the lug nuts came with the wheels.

Edited by murphy