Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Inverter Fluid Color or Change to Yellow no longer orange

Inverter Diy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FusionNAZ

FusionNAZ

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 54 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:59 PM

I have a 2014 Ford Fusion Energi and the coolant in the reservoir for the inverter is turning or looks yellow. The regular coolant for the engine is still a nice orange color. The car has 92,000 miles and it runs great but just am concerned that its a different color for the inverter. Also, I have looked high and low and do not really see a diy on how to change the inverter fluid. I know that there are tons of Prius guides and this is really important to keeping the hybrid electrical system healthy. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   zippoking

zippoking

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:40 AM

I did a partial drain and fill of a gallon after 50k miles, and it drained from that reservoir too. I think the color change isn't a huge concern, but you're due for coolant change now I think.

#3 OFFLINE   FusionNAZ

FusionNAZ

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 54 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

I did a partial drain and fill of a gallon after 50k miles, and it drained from that reservoir too. I think the color change isn't a huge concern, but you're due for coolant change now I think.

Sounds good did you undo the plug underneath the car? I am assuming its kinda like the prius in design.

#4 OFFLINE   zippoking

zippoking

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:42 AM

There a drain underneath the front shield, not the same one as the eng oil, but its a real pain in the butt to get to, I had to also loosen a bracket that goes across just under the radiator, but if you have a hose to put on to drain then its not too bad.

Edited by zippoking, 22 February 2019 - 06:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·