Ford Fusion Energi Forum

CD player not working

luckyleo

I tried to find the thread where people were hearing the empty CD player start and stop when they were just sitting in the car.

This would drive me crazy, but the noise stopped.   This happened because the CD player stopped working!!!!    I put a CD in , but it will not accept it.

It's a 2017, but I have 40K miles so it is past the warranty.   

I tried disconnecting the battery but that did not fix it.      (after disconnecting the battery I closed the trunk which created a  another problem.   Had to lower the back seat and use a clothes hanger to reach the pull tab to open the trunk).

Anyone else having this issue?

• 1 month later...

I actually used Forscan to disable the CD player from the audio options screen because I feel it's a useless feature that adds clutter (no offence).

Since you're out of warranty I would just ignore the issue. Rip your CDs to a USB drive or your phone and use that instead. I can guarantee that the next owner (if you end up selling/trading in) won't even notice the existence of the CD player and (or at best, comment on how such a new car still comes with a dinosaur feature).