Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

FOB Working Intermittently

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 166 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

So my FOB sometimes worked and sometime did not work to unlock the doors via Intelligent Access.  My first thought was the battery in the FOB was getting weak.  I purchased a new battery but the issue continue.  No rhyme or reason why it would work some times and then not other times.

Well I finally figured it out.  If I put my cell phone in the same pocket as the FOB, Intelligent Access does not work. :-) 

Just thought I'd pass on this tip for other who might experience the same thing.

Happy Days & Nights,

Rob

• jj2me likes this
641076.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

The transmitter in the cell phone overloads the receiver in the fob and it can't hear the car..

#3 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 166 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

Would have thought it was the other way around.  That the cell phone overloads the transmitter in the FOB and the car can't hear the FOB. 

Either way I figure I'm not the first person to stumble onto or see this issue and others could benefit from the information.  And save themselves buying a new battery that doesn't fix the problem. :)

641076.png

#4 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:39 AM

The transmitter in the cell phone and the transmitter in the fob are on radically different frequencies (GHz vs MHz) and can't interfere with each other.  The problem is when the transmitter in the cell phone is close to the fob causing it to severely overload the receive amplifier in the fob.  The receiver in the fob is driven into saturation which makes it impossible for it to hear anything.  Separating them into pockets on the opposite sides of your body is enough to solve the problem since radio signal strength drops with the square of the distance.

It's a well known problem in the two way radio industry and there are several solutions but none of them are small enough to fit inside of a fob.

• jj2me likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·