Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Some questions from Noob

Energi_916

I bought my first PHEV yesterday and had some questions. I had been for the longest time wanting a PHEV and had the Volt first in line. However, when I went to test drive I brought my family with me (wife + 2 teen age kids in high school). Well the volt did not go well. Space was very limited for everyone particularly in the back seats. Since I was at Carmax the FFE and its style caught our eye and after test driving it it was a winner. :happy feet:

So after a few days we bought one. So now with the questions:

#1 In my test drive, I did not notice a rattle that appears to be coming from the back side speaker area. Could not figure out yet where this is coming from. Hope this is an easy fix

#2 Did not notice this either until more driving time but my rearview mirror shakes. Makes looking thru the mirror fuzzy/blurry. Not sure what the problem is. 

#3 I failed at charging it last night. I plugged it in around 9 pm and in the morning I had zero charge. ;) The plug did click and got the lights but somehow did not charge. Do I have to manually go into the cabin and enable something after plug in? How to check it is actually charging. Need to find me the manual. 

#4 What is the recommended app/website I can use to see charging times, schedules, etc? I quickly browsed and I recall there was one website that requested a lot of information but said I needed to have a upgraded modem. or something.  Not sure If I have one. So before I send all these information for nothing I thought I check here. What is the best app and/or website to get? 

Anyways, sorry about so many questions. Hope I can get some answers from some of the veterans here.    :noobie:

Edited by Energi_916

1.  Check the torsion bars in the trunk that support the trunk lid when it is open.  There should be a rubber separator on them to prevent them from hitting each other and the underside of the package shelf.

2. Rear view mirror should not shake.  Like all cars it is glued to the windshield.

3. Make sure the car is set to charge now and not to value charging.  For value charging to work you must enter a schedule of your electric rates.

4. https://www.myfordmobile.com/content/mfm/app/site/login.html

The app is called MyFord Mobile.  I recommend that you do the setup from a computer before using the app.

The original modem was for 2G service.  AT&T shut 2G service down at the end of 2016.  There is a free upgrade to a 3G modem if it hasn't already been done.  The identifier for the modem can be found in the center screen.  If the modem has been upgraded it starts with the letter T.

Press the gear icon.

Press the Help button.

Press "System Information".

Scroll to the bottom of the list.

You are looking for:  CPPM ESN: Txxxxxxx

Edited by murphy

Thanks,

will check when I get home later tonight?

Also is there a website that allows me to check how much warranty is left? 

The main warranty is 3 years or 36000 miles, whichever comes first if they haven't changed it from 2013.

The hybrid unique components have a different (longer) warranty.

Ohh you are in CA.  It may be different there.  Any chance you have the Monroney sticker (window sticker) for the car? It's on there.

The main warranty is 3 years or 36000 miles, whichever comes first if they haven't changed it from 2013.

The hybrid unique components have a different (longer) warranty.

Ohh you are in CA.  It may be different there.  Any chance you have the Monroney sticker (window sticker) for the car? It's on there.

No sticker,

Weird, I registered at owner.ford.com and they don't have a start date. Will try contacting them to see what's up or maybe visit my local dealer service dept

Edited by Energi_916

The build date for the car should be on a sticker in the driver's door frame.

I haven't used the European site for years but go here

www.etis.ford.com

click on vehicle and enter your vin.  It should show the build date.

It will not identify the car as a Fusion since the Fusion is not sold in Europe.

Duh,  did not think to check there.I tried the site too you mention too but I was in a hurry and could not quickly figure out what was going on.  Anyways I called Ford and asked. My build date was 3/15/16.  I don't think I will hit 36,000 by then so I got until 3/15/19 for bumper to bumper. 

Edited by Energi_916

Duh,  did not think to check there.I tried the site too you mention too but I was in a hurry and could not quickly figure out what was going on.  Anyways I called Ford and asked. My build date was 3/15/16.  I don't think I will hit 36,000 by then so I got until 3/15/19 for bumper to bumper.

It's not the build date but the in service date is when the warranty begins ie when the car was first titled