Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New 2019 Energi leased to replace 2016 Energi

OPsDad

We are home solar system owners who lost our 2014 Fusion AWD in a flood in 2016, so we replaced it with an Energi Titanium loaded.  We've gone with the lease on both Energi because of the huge lease incentives (nearly 10 grand per vehicle).

Both have been Tri-coat white (UG).  The one we just traded had the white interior, this new one has Russet, which I love.  Also, with the 2019 came LED lighting, etc.  The only feature we lost is parking assist, which we loved the beep when parking forward in our garage, since there's not much clearance front and rear... I'll probably go with the dangling ball method now.

We love adaptive cruise, and the 2019 version so far is very nice, with Stop/Go.  Also, glad to get the new Sync3 and new Nav, the old MyFord Sync was not as good (personal opinion, YMMV).

Some info from the old car we lease-returned:  Lifetime MPG: 75.1  Miles at return, 21,981.  3 oil changes in that time, one at 3,000, one at 10,000-ish, and one at 17,000-ish.

Interesting to note that since the car was a commuter in its primary use, I often had to take it on a long drive to burn fuel intentionally so the gas didn't go stale.  I'm a big fan of plug-in hybrid!

From my 2018 manual:

Fusion Energi Plug-in Hybrid

Your vehicle is equipped with the
Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor system, which
displays a message in the information
display at the proper oil change interval.
This interval may be up to two years or
20,000 mi (32,000 km).

I pulled up the 2017 manual and it says the exact same thing.

Edited by RickEnergi

Ok, so page 467 is a bit confusing... one section says 10,000/1yr and the other 20,000/2yr.

Oil Change Indicator Your vehicle is equipped with an information display, which indicates the proper oil change interval. This interval may be up to one year or 10000 miles (16000 kilometers).

Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor (if equipped) Your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor system, which displays a message in the information display at the proper oil change interval. This interval may be up to two years or 20000 miles (32000 kilometers).

I assume i have the intelligent oil life, but how do i know for sure?  They both sound rather similar.