Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Looking at 2016 Energi titanium. Couple questions.

Tjhifi

I have started the process of buying a 2016 Energi with 23,000 miles. It’s from Carvana and the Carfax says it was a personal lease originally titled in California. Will the 150,000 mile hybrid warranty carry over to me even though I live in Arizona? Also besides checking the car over for defects and traditional mechanical problems, is there a way to check the battery health fairly quickly instead of taking it home to charge it 100% and then drive until hybrid mode kicks in? Any tips or tricks on looking in the settings to find how many times if any it’s been charged or anything like that? Thanks and hopefully all of my nervousness will subside when I actually get to pick mine up on the 10th.

Well it looks like the CA TZEV15yr/150,000mile warranty would not apply to you as AZ does not qualify.  At least using the 2019 warranty booklet which states:

"Vehicles Eligible for Standard California Emission Warranty Coverage Standard California emission warranty coverage applies if your vehicle meets the following two requirements:

• Your vehicle is registered in a state(1) that has adopted and is enforcing California emission warranty regulations applicable for your vehicle at the time of repair, and

• Your vehicle is certified for sale in California as indicated on the vehicle emission control information label.

(1) Subject to change, the following states have adopted and are enforcing standard California emission warranty regulations: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington"

As for the battery health, I know of no other means than the driving test to determine the health of the battery.  The mileage is rather low for a '16 which is a good sign, but not a guarantee.

• 2 years later...

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

The "unique hybrid components" powertrain warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on the battery. If the battery were to fail completely in such a short period of time, rendering the car unusable, the dealer may be cornered into doing a warranty replacement. Otherwise, I've not heard of anyone getting Ford to replace it under warranty due to early degradation.

• 2 months later...