Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2016 Ford Fusion Waranty Coverage for California Cars

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xtreme1777

xtreme1777

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2016

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

Speaking of Warranties I have a 2016 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium , that I've been going in circles with the dealer and ford with the transmission issue. The car is a California car with 114k miles. If you let off the gas or brake it will make a grinding noise. It drives fine other then the sound, but the ford dealer wants 9k to replace the transmission. 

Is anyone here a warranty genius? I thought this car came with a 15 year 150k mile warranty since its a AT PZEV car. The Transmission Assembly looks like its covered in the owners manual, but could be wrong. Dealer said I had a 100k Warranty and I'm past that. Does anyone know whats correct?

The dealer is pressing me to pay $9k and the car is not even worth that! 

Thanks all!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:54 PM

My 2013 came with an 8 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the Hybrid Unique Components.

Do you have the Monroney sticker for the car?  It spells out the warranty.

I think the longer warranty is for California and a group of other states that follow California's lead.

#3 OFFLINE   RickEnergi

RickEnergi

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 60 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationAnn Arbor
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Fusion Energi, 2013 F-150
  • My Fusion's Year:2018

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:17 AM

It's irrelevant where the car is originally sold.  Warranty for California applies in California, no where else.  

#4 OFFLINE   jsamp

jsamp

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 339 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE, Escape Hybrid
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:29 AM

From my post on another thread:

Well it looks like the CA TZEV15yr/150,000mile warranty would not apply to you as AZ does not qualify.  At least using the 2019 warranty booklet which states:

"Vehicles Eligible for Standard California Emission Warranty Coverage Standard California emission warranty coverage applies if your vehicle meets the following two requirements:

• Your vehicle is registered in a state(1) that has adopted and is enforcing California emission warranty regulations applicable for your vehicle at the time of repair, and

• Your vehicle is certified for sale in California as indicated on the vehicle emission control information label.

(1) Subject to change, the following states have adopted and are enforcing standard California emission warranty regulations: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington"

As for the battery health, I know of no other means than the driving test to determine the health of the battery.  The mileage is rather low for a '16 which is a good sign, but not a guarantee.

Edited by jsamp, 09 April 2019 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·