Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Trans fluid change

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zippoking

zippoking

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 31 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:41 AM

I had this done at a dealer that has good prices generally for $140 out the door w/ $10 off service coupon.  I'm only at 60k miles but I want to keep this car a long time so was being proactive.  They said the oil looked really clean.  10 quarts on the invoice.  Also it's apparently more complicated than the regular hybrid, they hadn't done many if any Energi's yet.  Another dealer quoted as high as $280!  No flush, just a drain and fill as recommended by Ford, which I think makes sense if you do it early enough. 

150k that the manual recommends seems way too long to wait, but who knows.  I tend to think the interval is extended to lower the "5 year cost of ownership" price that you often see for comparison shopping on new cars.

• jj2me likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 59 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationNewnan
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Hybrid
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:57 AM

Most people don't keep cars that long. Trans fluid is for lubricating and cooling electric motors, there are no clutches to wear out. I have 126k miles on my new trans and haven't replaced fluid.

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 11 May 2019 - 09:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·