Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

HVB cooling fan stays running

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smokewagon

smokewagon

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • Locationsc
  • Current Vehicle:ford fusion
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:27 AM

all,

Recently my 2013 energi has a problem, the HVB cooling fan in the trunk stays running until the 12v battery is dead.

The only way to stop it is pull the fuse in the underhood box.

The car is cold, not been driven, not plugged in.

Some times the fan changes speeds form low to high.

If I open the trunk it will stop for a few seconds then start running again.

I pulled the 12v battery cable to reset and the issue went away for about a week but then returned.

car has 65k miles and have not had a single problem with it, other than a couple recalls [airbag, seatbelt tensioner,]

Any ideas?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jsamp

jsamp

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 357 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE, Escape Hybrid
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

Do you have a ScanGauge or other code reader?  There is a code for HV battery temp called HBT.  I wonder if a sensor is out causing HBT to read high, causing the fan to run.  That's all I can think of at the moment.

#3 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

In the trunk directly towards the front of the car and above the 12 volt battery you will find several wires that are probably laying on top of the sharp edge of a metal panel.  There were reports years ago of these wires having the insulation rubbed through and causing fan problems.  At that time I wrapped mine in a thick layer of soft foam to keep them away from the metal edge.  If that is the problem just separating them from each other and the metal edge should solve the problem.

• jsamp and smokewagon like this

#4 OFFLINE   jsamp

jsamp

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 357 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE, Escape Hybrid
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:21 PM

In the trunk directly towards the front of the car and above the 12 volt battery you will find several wires that are probably laying on top of the sharp edge of a metal panel.  There were reports years ago of these wires having the insulation rubbed through and causing fan problems.  At that time I wrapped mine in a thick layer of soft foam to keep them away from the metal edge.  If that is the problem just separating them from each other and the metal edge should solve the problem.

Thanks for the tip.  I checked mine and while they weren't rubbing, they were close.  I pulled a little more slack to give some distance between the wires and metal edge.

#5 OFFLINE   smokewagon

smokewagon

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • Locationsc
  • Current Vehicle:ford fusion

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:29 AM

I checked the wires in the trunk by the 12v battery, while i didn't see any chaffing or shorts it appeared the harness was pull from the plastic holding clip so I rearranged it.

Also I put my reader on it but got no codes, I am going to borrow a better one and try. i'll let you know.

thanks for the ideas.

smokewagon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·