Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ford broke my Energi 3 months without my car.. NIGHTMARE! What can I do?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FusionNAZ

FusionNAZ

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 58 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

I have a really nice 2014 Ford Fusion Energi and I have the extended warranty on the car and its been wonderful. I bought the car with 50k miles as a CPO and it currently has 92k miles on the clock. I have only had to do oil changes batteries tires. Just wanted to start out and say this car has been  super reliable. 

Fast forward to over three + months ago I noticed that the timing chain gasket was leaking/weeping oil so I took the car in. It was covered under warranty no big deal right? Not so much they did the service and two weeks later I got my car back. I plugged the car in and the next morning the car was not fully charged and check engine light was on. Car drove fine and seemed to charge for the time being.

I took the car in and they had it for another three weeks got it back check engine after driving and charging. I then took it back and another three weeks check engine after it discharged and charged back up. I took it back no check engine blinking blue ring no charge after being depleted. I then got the car home drove it went to re-charge then the RED TRIANGLE!! Had it towed off to the dealer and here we are another three weeks. 

I would have gotten the car back last week but I asked them to charge the car then drive it down and re-charge. I am glad I did not get the car since I got a notification like all the other times that the car has a fault. The service adviser has been nice but I am becoming very disenfranchised in this car.

I recently bought a new 2018 Fusion Platinum Energi and I am ready to get rid of both cars.  I do not even know if I can sell this white car now. I am at a loss since I have not had my car for such a long time without a single issue. All I know is my local Ford dealership cannot fix whatever happened to the car when I had it in for service. I do not know if I even have recourse on this or where to go. I am lucky to have a big diesel truck to drive but what about the folks who only have just an Energi!?!!? 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:00 AM

Is the dealer electric certified?  If not, they shouldn't be working on an Energi.

#3 OFFLINE   FusionNAZ

FusionNAZ

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:49 AM

Is the dealer electric certified?  If not, they shouldn't be working on an Energi.

Yes the dealer is electric certified they sell plug in hybrids and have charging stations.

#4 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 195 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:14 AM

Just because they sell the plug in hybrids and have charging stations does not exactly make the "certified".  They may be, but not based on those two items.

So what is wrong with the 2018 that you want to get rid of it also?  I absolutely love my 2017 Titanium and hope to keep it for many years.

641076.png

#5 OFFLINE   FusionNAZ

FusionNAZ

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

Just because they sell the plug in hybrids and have charging stations does not exactly make the "certified".  They may be, but not based on those two items.

So what is wrong with the 2018 that you want to get rid of it also?  I absolutely love my 2017 Titanium and hope to keep it for many years.

It is the fact that I have no place I feel comfortable to take my car to get serviced. I only have one Ford dealership.

#6 OFFLINE   FusionNAZ

FusionNAZ

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:15 AM

I did check again and the dealership is a certified dealership to work on electric Ford cars.

Edited by FusionNAZ, 17 May 2019 - 06:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·