Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Intelligent Access FOB alternatives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jsamp

jsamp

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 357 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE, Escape Hybrid
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

I'm getting pretty annoyed at the FOB for my Energi (2015).  The shape seems to be the same whether you have intelligent access or not, so maybe everyone has this.  I set off the alarm regularly by accidentally pressing the button while it is in my pocket.  I was carrying a ladder the other day, and the ladder pressed on my FOB setting it off.  Tonight my daughter sat in my lap for bedtime story and set it off.  The shape on this thing is just totally wrong.  All the buttons are on convex surfaces which can be activated by anything.  My '07 escape had recesses for the buttons so only a finger or other small item could press the button.  (see this for images: https://www.carandtr...on-remotes.html)

Has anyone seen any alternative FOBs that can be programmed for intelligent access?  Are the 2017 and later ones better at avoiding accidental presses?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   doug121041

doug121041

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationGrand Haven, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2019

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

I agree!  I have a 2019 Fusion Energi which I've had for less than 2 months and have already set off the alarm accidentally.  The key FOB design is not a good one.  Never had this problem with other key FOBs.  Unfortunately I don't know of any after market FOBs that can be used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·