Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Tried everything, MFM never gives the in car notification

Whoknows

I've read through everything online and am at a loss as to why I can't connect to MFM.  Hopefully, someone on here can help.  

Backstory:  Purchased a used CPO 2016 Energi in May, and MFM has never connected to my car.  After researching and calling my dealer, it's apparent that the modem was already replaced. I can verify this by checking the esn which starts with a "T".  So, I've pulled the #10 fuse multiple times, even disconnected the battery and still I've never gotten the pop up notification in the car.  After calling the dealer late last week, they told me to update my Sync software.  That was completed Friday at home (after some slight trouble).  I then once again pulled the fuse to reset, and attempted to add my car once again.  Still, the app just says that my vehicle is awaiting authorization.  At this point, I have no idea if there's anything more that can be done, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I've tried both.  Should I delete my account and start all the way over using the website?  I've been using the same account since I got the car.  For awhile, it would say that the car  as registered to someone else, and would direct me to do a master reset, which never worked.  By accident, I once hit "ask permission".  About a week later, it began allowing me to add the car but has never given me the authorization inside the car.  I'm assuming the whoever had the car before was notified when I asked permission, and they deleted it from their account, which has allowed me to proceed with adding it on the app/online. 

Do you have a good AT&T cellphone signal where you park your car?

It is possible that the modem is defective or that the antenna wasn't properly hooked up when it was installed.

Does your car report going to sleep to preserve the battery?

If the car goes to sleep it can't be accessed remotely.

That is an indication of a dying 12 volt battery.

If you have this problem and have a 12 volt battery charger, not a maintainer, connect it to the terminals under the hood to keep the car from going to sleep and see if the message pops up on the screen within 24 hours after it is requested from the website.

AT&T is pretty decent at my house, but I've tried it a work as well.  Do you know how I could check if the antenna is plugged in properly?  The modem itself is properly hooked up I'd assume since the serial number shows up.  Still, I've yet to find where it's located.  I thought I read it was under the rear window carpeting.

As for the sleep mode, I haven't seen a message like that since I've owned the car and I'm almost certain that on the CPO report or carfax, that my 12v battery was changed prior to going on sale.  That's interesting to know though, and I'll double check when I get home.  I learned the hard way not to close the trunk the first time I pulled the negative on the 12v.  Luckily, I was able to hook the child safety pull chain in the trunk with a hanger!

Edited by Whoknows