Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fault P0C2A

alvarokr

Hi all

Sorry my English. I am from Poland (EU). I have ford fusion energi 2015. I have small trouble. Icon MIL gets light on. I checked of diagnostic interface. There is a fault P0C2A - auxiliary transsmision fluid pump motor stalled. I can it delete but it cames back while driving. Apart from icon are there no problems. Engine works normal. I noticed when I turn on mode EV NOW I may drive only for a while in this mode, then choice of mode is not possible,there is avalible only mode AUTO. Could you help me? Do I have to replace this electric pump?

Hi all

Sorry my English. I am from Poland (EU). I have ford fusion energi 2015. I have small trouble. Icon MIL gets light on. I checked of diagnostic interface. There is a fault P0C2A - auxiliary transsmision fluid pump motor stalled. I can it delete but it cames back while driving. Apart from icon are there no problems. Engine works normal. I noticed when I turn on mode EV NOW I may drive only for a while in this mode, then choice of mode is not possible,there is avalible only mode AUTO. Could you help me? Do I have to replace this electric pump?

Yes you need to replace it.  I think that is the one that provides lubrication for the transmission in EV Only mode.

Do not drive in EV Only at high speed with that pump not working.

Your English is better than a lot of native English speakers.

Does it mean that gasoline engine starting in order to lubricate? Are there two kinds of ways lubricate - mechanic and electric?

Yes, in EV Only the engine is not running and can't provide lubrication.  Lubrication is provided by an electric driven oil pump.  If the electric driven oil pump has failed you are risking the transmission.  My engine hasn't run for months at a time when it is warm outside.

The Hybrid does not have this pump because the engine is only off for about a mile before the small battery needs to be recharged.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...