Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Need Help Hooking up to home network?

GBRYD

Whenever I try to hook up to my home network, I find my wireless. Go to set the password, the first didget in my password is a number. The system will allow me to put in "a" number then, the white letters turn a grayish color and will not let me input in any more didgets. Took it to the dealer and it wouldn't let me hook it up to their wireless either. Anyone having this trouble out there? Also will not allow me to heat up the car with go times, I'm assuming that is because its not hooked up to the network?

A Hybrid Titanium user on the Blue Oval forums noted that there is an issue with the alpha keyboard being active to enter network passwords.  He found the workaround of setting the network password to only numbers and he could then get it to connect.

The Go Times do not require the car be connected to your home network.  The Energi has a built in 3g data connection to receive instructions/changes made via phev.myfordmobile.com or the available PHEV phone apps from MyFord.  You can also set Go Times from the car's touch panel if you do not want to bother with the remote management.

What other functions are you looking to gain by connecting to your home wireless?  From my experience there isn't really much to gain from doing it other than saying you did.

I have yet to think of a reason for connecting it to a home network.  If MFT can get updates via this method, that would be awesome.  But I think we'll have to wait until an update is issued to test this.

If you've set your Go Times via the car's touch screen then they should certainly work.  I do know if you're using the included 120v home charger then there could be some issues with performance of what you're asking to be done for your Go Times.  That charger just isn't delivering enough juice to warm the cabin to 75 degrees if the ambient temperature is sitting in the teens, for example.  I've barely played around with mine so far.  But when you set a Go Time via the MyFord Mobile website it tells you that performance may be degraded when using the 120v charger.

I was more intrigued by using my phone tethered to the car and making the car a mobile hotspot offering Wi-Fi through my phone's data connection.  If my daughter still had her Wi-Fi only iPad, this would have been the perfect solution to get it Internet access on road trips.

Hi GBRYD,

The GO Times have not worked for me either.... using a 120V outlet at home or connected to a ChargePoint 240V station.

I have a case open with Ford about the GO Times. Also Rebecca at Ford in Facebook is involved. Working with Rebecca helps because you can send picture of what you see in your car and computer screen to show what you have done.

I will be out of town for the next week, but I hope that we I come back I will hear from them about what the problems is.

Regards,
APM

Edited by apm

Just got back from the dealer. The dealer called Ford and Ford suspects the reason why the "Go times /wifi/downloading of the updates", isn't working is because my car needs the latest "module". The module # is not the latest module and will require a new one. As explained to me the module is the brains of the stereo. So they ordered a new module and will receive it from Ford in a few days. Will update if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the dealer. The dealer called Ford and Ford suspects the reason why the "Go times /wifi/downloading of the updates", isn't working is because my car needs the latest "module". The module # is not the latest module and will require a new one. As explained to me the module is the brains of the stereo. So they ordered a new module and will receive it from Ford in a few days. Will update if it works.

Hi GBRYD,

Have you heard from the dealer?

I haven't heard from Rebecca at Ford on Facebook... It has been about 3 weeks since I reported the case and have not received any information so far.

Regards,

APM

APM

I got a call from the dealer yesterday.(5-9-13). The new module is in and made arrangements for Monday to install (5-13). Will let you know after a couple days of playing with it if it works. The documented problems that I
 am having are

1. WiFi will not hook up to my home network.

2. Back up camera stays on while driving fwd.

3. In USB mode I have an iPhone 3GS hooked up, and it stopped charging it.

4. Go times doesn't work.

5. When car is fully charged sometimes it texts me. It's set to text all the time.

6. Stereo will lock on 1 song in USB mode until backing it to the radio and then back into the USB.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks GBRYD,

My car has only a few of the problems you are experiencing:

1. Go Times not working

2. Wifi not connecting (not able to enter alpha characters for password)

3. Popping sound coming from front of the car (mentioned in other threads)

4, The "I" in the Fusion emblem on the front driver's door fell off (replaced under warranty today)

Those are all the problems I have experienced so far in just over a month of ownership.

Regards,

APM

My car has only a few of the problems you are experiencing:

4, The "I" in the Fusion emblem on the front driver's door fell off (replaced under warranty today)

Regards,

APM

I saw a Fusion Energi at a dealer lot that had the "F" missing. I brought it to their attention and they had not even noticed it.

Edited by FusionEnergi