Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sync Destinations

Dark Matter

Has anybody else had success/failure with the Sync Destinations app? I installed it on my Android phone and it worked great the first time. Via Bluetooth, it told me routes and alternates to my destination with approximate times. It reported an accident that the Sirius Traffic system didn't. The next two times I tried it, it failed to connect properly, then locked my home screen. I pulled over (into a parking lot) and restarted the car to get it going again, and the first thing it said was, "Performing system maintenance."  Today it shut the audio off completely. No voice commands, no music-Sirius or otherwise. I ended up turning my phone on and off a few times and deleted the app. I had to rediscover my phone. BTW, it discovered a phone in another commuter's car stuck in traffic near me. "Hey" to Cassia, if you're out there.

I'm wondering if it is worth it. Perhaps my phone software is just too old? The idea is NOT to be pushing buttons while driving.