Ford Fusion Energi Forum

His and Hers

jeff_h

We liked my SE Hybrid so much, we decided to get a Titanium Energi for my wife - I have long commute each day, but her daily distance is around town and 20-40 miles depending on how many times she goes across town etc, so we figured this was a good move.  So gone is the V6 Ford Edge AWD with 16MPG (aka the 'Starbucks Assault Vehicle') and now I don't think I'll be needing to take her car to the gas station twice per week anymore!

Here are pics of the almost-twins:

Fusions_Apr2013_5_zps1cc9d8f3.jpg

She says it's the perfect color blue that she's always wanted.

Fusions_Apr2013_6_zps530b44c3.jpg

Compare the plastic around the fog lights and around the lower grill - my SE Hybrid appears to have the El Cheapo compared to her Titanium Piano Black.

Fusions_Apr2013_3_zpsee641d63.jpg

Titanium on left with spoiler on trunk, SE on right without.

Fusions_Apr2013_9_zpsc6f64166.jpg

When I placed my retail order, I went with Ruby Red... but stood at the dealer lot comparing with a Deep Impact Blue and it was tough to decide.  Now it's best of both worlds...

Fusions_Apr2013_7_zps53563847.jpg

Look, it's Springtime and all the trees are blooming!  I put the cars back into the garage right after taking the pics, it's that time of year where they'd be covered in yellow pollen before too long...

Fusions_Apr2013_8_zpse5c7796a.jpg

Special mention to my neighbor the Chevy guy, he has a really nice '67 Camaro there on the left.

Fusions_Apr2013_4_zpsf9212823.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

Man, you are stylin' for sure! But I would be hatin' life cleaning 8 of those wheels. That impact blue is awesome too.

Are your neighbors circling your cars looking for water spots, like mine are?

Actually cleaning the wheels is easy using the cordless drill with brush shown below -- I got this brush from the skymall magazine probably 6-7 years ago and it has held up very well, and just dunk in bucket and spin a bit, then turn it sideways against the wheel and hit the trigger - works like a champ for me!

Drill_Brush_zps664ae69f.jpg

They look great. Thanks for posting the side by side pictures. I still can't decide which color I like better between the two.

The red really seems to change appearance in the sun, looks much darker when sitting in the garage or on cloudy days... I must have stood at the dealer lot last October for 2 minutes looking back and forth like a tennis match, trying to decide which one to get.  I think they are both great!

• 8 months later...

Ya know Jeff, if you were really patriotic you would buy a white one too. :hysterical:

******UPDATE****

Now we have true His-N-Hers, as I found a good deal on a 2013 Ruby Red Energi and made the switch... my SE hybrid did not have Adaptive Cruise or Push-Button Start, and now I have both.  We can both make use of the 240v charger one after the other, and we leave the house 1hr 30min apart in the morning so each can have GO times set too.  There are exterior plugs at my company, now I have to schmooze the leadership to get the OK to plug in the 120v during the day, may or may not get that permission but will at least ask.

As for the patriotic part, Mark (mczajka, went to his dealer and saw his salesman, process was nice and smooth) has a white Energi and organizes get-togethers in the MD/VA area, my wife and I can attend and park his car in the middle of ours and then we shall have the red-white-blue!

Edited by jeff_h

• 4 years later...

Well it's time to say goodbye to our blue 2013 Energi, which has been a truly great car.  We bought it in Maryland on 4/19/2013 on a Friday night, and our memory of that purchase was watching the TV that evening in the dealership along with the salesman as the cops tracked down and captured the perpetrators of the Boston Marathon bombing from 4 days earlier.

One of the things that I normally do when parting with a car is to take a last pic of it in my driveway, so there it is. My red Fusion Hybrid and my red Fusion Energi cars are long gone, as in 2015 I changed to a 2016 Volt to get more HVB and then in 2017 I changed again to a 2017 Bolt to get even more HVB. So there's the Bolt next to the Energi, and the Bolt's also great as I will hit the 2-year mark next month and by that time will have between 88-89k miles (will hit 85k tomorrow). I have a long commute and wanted to drive as much in EV as possible to avoid buying gas, and I definitely accomplished that.

But the blue Energi is only going down the road 30 miles to my wife's best friend's house.  Those who have also been on the Hybrid forum may recall that I had a 2010 Fusion Hybrid until early 2013 when it had 145k miles, then I turned it over to my wife's friend for continued TLC.  That 2010 Fusion Hybrid is still running and now has 288k miles, but she says it's getting tired and may need to be retired before too long.  So she will now inherit the blue Energi and my wife will leave the PHEV game for a while until more models are offered as she didn't care for what's out there now.  We bought her a 2019 Equinox yesterday and she loves it, and we still have 2 plug-ins anyway as our daughter brings the 2016 Volt home from college on some weekends and breaks.

It's a shame that Ford is apparently ditching the Fusion, as we've had great experiences with them and I just looked at a map and we've taken several trips across 16 states up and down the east coast and the midwest.  The only negative is that I wasn't that pleased with the amount of battery degradation that we experienced with the two Energis that we had, but I guess that happens with technology that's evolving and I bet in future years that will be improved just as other parts of auto technology have been.

So thanks to all forum contributors and readers, and especially the forum old timers that stick around to pass on their knowledge and help others get the most of these cars.

I'll stop by now and then but my days as a Fusion Energi owner are done...

Jeff

post-16-0-90417600-1544389677_thumb.jpg

I still have mine as well.  The wife drives it now as her Focus got totaled back in August and I primarily work from home... so I'm back to 1999 with my Expedition.  Bluetooth?  Nah.  MP3 player?  Nope!  But it is 4WD.

If the wife hates the fusion this winter for travels, we'll entertain the possibility of a Tesla Model 3 with AWD.  

Anyway, enjoy the Bolt and hope it gives you years of trouble-free service.

Edited by Russael