Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2017 Ford Fusion Energi Platinum B143C and B143D codes

demo021878

2017 Ford Fusion Energi fails the test on the Body Control Module (BCM) for B143C headlamp on input, circuit short to ground and B143D headlamp off input, circuit short to ground. I used the FORScan app with OBDLINK MX2.

I followed some of the steps from this website, http://www.alldump.net/wp-content/uploads/ford/fusion_gen2/service_man/Resources/Service_Manual/sdsg1554791.htm

C1-I don’t understand because it says ignition on and switch off. Are the lights illuminated? In my case both lights are off. Shouldn’t they be off because the switch is in the off position? The directions say to go to C7, I will talk about this later. 

I tried to complete C2. 

• Disconnect: Headlamp Switch C205.

• Carry out the headlamp switch component test. 

• Refer to Wiring Diagrams Cell 149 for schematic and connector information.

Does anyone know how to complete the headlight switch component test? I disconnected the switch and ran the BCM test again thinking this is what they are talking about for the headlight switch component test. This time the only fault I had was B143C headlamp on input, circuit short to ground. I’m thinking that this fault should show up because the switch has been removed but I’m not sure. 

I skipped C3-C6 for 2 reasons 1. According to C1 I should have skipped to C7. 2. I don’t have electrical schematics. 

C7-inspected fusses and they are good. 

C8- inspected what I believe was the BCM, assuming this the same thing as the fuse box under the left side of the steering wheel. 

With all that being said I am curious if anyone has run into this problem? Does this sound like I have a bad switch, bad BCM, or a wire problem?